X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danzvader78
    Museum Super Collector
    • May 12, 2008

Re: Solider Ape Identification

Hello, I just acquired this item from a auction recently.

I could not down load that photo and just added a eBay ID number below to locate the photo

The figure kind of stood out with his costume uniform color which was a different color compared to my other solider apes in my collection

I would like to know if it was a variant or not. I would much appreciate any information towards this figure.

I want to know if the solider ape is missing his gloves or not and if it was the same color as his costume uniform too
  • Danzvader78
    Museum Super Collector
    • May 12, 2008

I also want to know if this figure was a Australian variant?

Comment

• megoapesnut
      The name says it all!
      • Dec 3, 2007

Looks like a blue tunic to me. It is a bit darker than the regular blue, but it doesn't look black as you can see the difference between the tunic and the black beard in the photo. The brown fabric looks a bit more reddish than normal as well, but the fabric has been known to come in several shades of brown. He is definitely missing his gloves which would have been the same color as the tunic.

Comment

• Danzvader78
        Museum Super Collector
        • May 12, 2008

Interesting.. The word maroon keeps popping up out of my brain every time I look at the color of the suit. I am stumped about it.. I can't figure how, why and where the color came from.

Comment

• Danzvader78
          Museum Super Collector
          • May 12, 2008

Any more information really would help to understand more about this figure and where it came from thank you

Comment

• megozilla13
            Persistent Member
            • May 10, 2002

Looks like a regular soldier ape to me thats missing his gloves. Like Megoapesnut said, the fabric part of the outfit came in different shades from a reddish brown to a chocolate brown, I'd say the reddish is more common than the chocolate but soldier apes are so plentiful, its not even considered a variant.
            The only way to truly know if an ape was from Australia would be to find one carded with a toltoys sticker on it. I've never seen one though, I've always wondered if it exists.

mikej
            WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• drmego
              EMCE Toys
              • Jun 15, 2001

www.drmego.com
              www.megoman.com
              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Danzvader78
                Museum Super Collector
                • May 12, 2008

Thank you very much for including the photo on this wall Dr Mego. Thank you to all who answered my questions on this wall. I only wanted to double check with the experts because this figure fabric is slightly different from my regular solider apes fabrics in my collection. I may as well call him Solider Ape leader because he stands out amongst my other solider apes

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎