X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by babycyclops
    Here are my new Megos! While at an outdoor market in Mexico I found Urko and the Astronaut for sale. I live in Australia, so Guadalajara was a way-out place to find a Mego figure that I'd always wanted as child but never had (Urko)

Urko is in good condition, though he needs some pants, boots, belt and a sword. The years have been less kind to the astronaut, whose helmet has lost it's visor, plus his painted hair is quite scratched up. They are pictured with Zira & Cornelius/Galen, both of which I've had since I was a kid, and an EMCE ape soldier. I also have Dr Zaius, though he needs to be re-strung and was not fit to be photographed
    He is wearing a US tunic, but since you found hiim in MEX, you might want to check his markings. If he has a black pelvis and 'scrubbed out' marks on his back he is a Cipsa ape made in Mexico. There are folks that would probably trade you a near complete US version for that guy if he is Cipsa. (myself included).

Fun score and congrats o your new ape family members.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Anthony (Toyroom) just sent me a box I ordered for my 9.5 Robin and it freakin' ROCKS! Had to share. Anthony you got medieval on this package bro. Just awesome.

Last edited by MIB41; Aug 23, '10, 2:21 PM.

Comment

• babycyclops
        Career Member
        • Jul 9, 2010

Nice score, a lot of guys here dream of finding Mego on vacation in Mexico.
        Thanks! I was amazed and snapped then up straight away. I don't know the name of the market, but there were all sorts of toys as well as pirate horror, sci-fi and action dvds for sale, and lots of teenage punk and emo kids dressed in black everywhere
        He is wearing a US tunic, but since you found hiim in MEX, you might want to check his markings. If he has a black pelvis and 'scrubbed out' marks on his back he is a Cipsa ape made in Mexico. There are folks that would probably trade you a near complete US version for that guy if he is Cipsa. (myself included).

Fun score and congrats o your new ape family members.
        Thanks for the info! I have a feeling he is a US version who has lost his pants, but will check

Comment

• mightyquinn
          Proud to be a Nerd
          • Aug 4, 2009

Robin looks even better!
          Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Oh man, that Robin is an all time favourite, really nice score!
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sauce
              Removed
              • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
              Nice score, a lot of guys here dream of finding Mego on vacation in Mexico.
              Way to go!!!
              Mexi-Apes rule!

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
                Web Wobbler
                • May 12, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                Anthony (Toyroom) just sent me a box I ordered for my 9.5 Robin and it freakin' ROCKS! Had to share. Anthony you got medieval on this package bro. Just awesome.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...9.5boxedAA.jpg
                That looks great!!
                Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
                Good Trader List

Comment

• draconianguard
                  #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
                  • Mar 12, 2004

I picked up the only Mego figures for sale at the Star Wars Celebration 5 room sales. Couldn't pass on 'em for $10 each!
                  Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• RG
                    Removed.
                    • Oct 1, 2004

as some of you know I've not had the best of a week ... but I did score an awesome deal on this gal so theres been a least a flashlight in this dark tunnel

Comment

• livnxxxl
                      Megoholic RocketScientist
                      • Oct 23, 2007

As mentioned earlier in a different thread I had went to an antique mall the other day. I very rarely find Mego's in the wild, but that day must have been my lucky day for finding stuff as I found a bunch of cool stuff.

As far as Mego I also found these.

I found a really nice Friar Tuck very tight and clean for $10.00

The other guy I am guessing is probably another Bible guy. I am not real familiar with them, but have been finding them around these parts every now and a then. I got him for $4.00 so I figured what the heck.

These are not ideally the figures that I loathe for, but they are still Mego none the less. Finding Mego in the wild for me is pretty rare.

Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                        • Oct 23, 2007

Correction looks like I only paid a whopping $2.80 for the naked dude plus tax. That booth was having a sale.

Comment

• Tothiro
                          Kitten Mittens
                          • Aug 28, 2008

^ D OMG! You just found Jesus! And for only $2.80!
                          That's a pretty sweet score for in the wild... Tuck has his sandals and everything!
                          Originally posted by RussG
                          as some of you know I've not had the best of a week ... but I did score an awesome deal on this gal so theres been a least a flashlight in this dark tunnel

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...g/DSC_0839.jpg
                          Nice! If that was a 'bay auction I recall it wasn't well advertised. I looked at that one and decided not to be a contender, though that one went cheap. Glad a member scored it if that's the one.

The Postal lady brought me some sweetness too, I need to take pics.
                          Last edited by Tothiro; Aug 26, '10, 9:27 PM.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                            • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Tothiro
                            ^ D that's pretty sweet... Tuck has his sandals and everything! I'm still missing a staff for mine.
                            Thanks R! I thought for an instant that he was complete. Apparently that does not seem to be the case as you have recently pointed out about the staff.

It is amazing that he does still have his sandals. There is of course a bit of a story to that as well...

The whole time I was looking at him they kept falling off very easily. I had to keep putting them back on his feet. Kind of a pain. When I first picked him up he was missing one or so I had thought.

The kind and generous clerk that was assiting me at the antique mall pointed out to me that she seen a shoe that might belong to the figure down in the case. That was a very good eye on her part. I had already dismissed the figure of having both of it's shoes as I am a custom ed to finding the majority of Mego's missing some if not all of their accessories.

Apparently it had fell down in the case at some point in time. This figure was just piled in and I do mean PILED in with a bunch of other toys. So I found it and put it back on him.

Then the clerk told me that she would tape his shoes to him once she took him up front to the checkout desk for me. That was really cool of her as well. Then low and behold even though the kind clerk taped both of his sandals on him the cashier picked him up at time of check out and one fell off again. It is just amazing that I even made it home with both sandals. I guess it was meant to be.

Hell, Since you have mentioned a staff I might ought to go back and search that darn case again. It just might be in there. "Some where" in that pile of stuff.

Comment

• RG
                              Removed.
                              • Oct 1, 2004

Originally posted by Tothiro

Nice! If that was a 'bay auction I recall it wasn't well advertised. I looked at that one and decided not to be a contender, though that one went cheap. Glad a member scored it if that's the one.
                              VINTAGE 1972 MEGO 7 1/2" DOLL Preowned! - eBay (item 230512039089 end time Aug-22-10 16:25:01 PDT)

is that the one you're thinking of if so ... yup that was me that got her

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                                Removed.
                                • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by RussG

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...g/DSC_0839.jpg
                                Her hair looks more golden than blonde. I wonder if there's a variant hair shade on Dinahs?
                                Now I'm jealous. I still need a leotard for mine.
                                Rich

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎