• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

the 'official' Megos from my MegoMeet haul:

I only paid $10 for that Mummy.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Scored well this morning on a neighborhood yard sale. I found a Mego Batman, Supes, and Joker for $2.00 a piece!! My wife has our digital camera in Hawaii, so I have to wait until she gets back to take photos. Incredible find though. I had to mask my astonishment when I was picking them up. I was afraid the guy would change his mind if he saw me freakin' out.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
        Removed.
        • Jun 14, 2008

^^^^ And I'll lay odds you then asked, "Do you have any more like these?"

Great score!
        Can't wait to see the pics.
        I have to go down to the Post Office in a few to pick up my all-time coolest score. Will post pics when I get back (unless I got totally ripped, then I'm going to be upset).
        Rich

Comment

• kryptosmaster
          Removed.
          • Jun 14, 2008

Got this little gem from across the pond today!
          Man I couldn't believe it when I won this guy!
          Wasn't a steal, that's for sure but I've been told I got a good deal.
          Too bad the emblem isn't original. It appears to be cut from some sort of package as it's made of thin cardboard. I'll have to replace it with a nice repro one.
          Pretty nice besides that and the crown jewel in my collection so far not to mention the MOST I ever paid for a figure!
          I felt ill when the auction closed and I saw the price but I was prepared to pay it because I really wanted it. I almost got a steal but someone threw a big bid on in the last seconds and made me pay through the nose.
          Rich

[IMG][/IMG]
          [IMG][/IMG]
          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• kryptosmaster
            Removed.
            • Jun 14, 2008

Also got this little beauty in the mail the other day.
            Wow! This thing is dead mint! Still works, too! I'm guessing I'm the first person to ever put batteries in it.
            Even the handlebar basket is still wrapped in tissue.
            Let Dinah go for a little ride before I packed it back away.
            I was tempted to try to remove the clearance sticker but then I thought it kind of adds a little character to the piece seeing that it originally sold for $1.99 and clearanced out at 99 cents final sale...NO RETURNS..LOL.
            Oh, and I think I did get a pretty good deal on this one.
            Rich

[IMG][/IMG]
            [IMG][/IMG]
            [IMG][/IMG]
            [IMG][/IMG]
            [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

This one's for the boys who had these at the Meet!

I knew where this was (I did not pick it up at the meet), so I picked this bad boy up for less than $40 today, because I kept asking the guys at the meet if it was a good deal.

"If it has the original "Super Saver" sticker, and the plug, then it's a steal!"

so yeah, I bought it!

I don't plan to part with it just yet, but you just might see it on my table at next year's meet.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• RG
                Removed.
                • Oct 1, 2004

OH Man Rich a fist fighter Superman AWESOME, and he looks mint!! and the dinah bike is way cool ... you know you and Jay are really starting to make me want to collect Dinah stuff.

Comment

• highquality
                  #1 Super Guy
                  • Jun 10, 2003

An original Palitoy Fist-Fighting Superman is extremely tough to find. Even though he's Superman, he usually looks like he lost the fight.

Nice grab.

Never seen an original Super Saver sticker. That's pretty cool too.

Loving all the Dinah offerings from everyone.
                  WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

Thanks!

When I saw the ones at the Meet didn't have 'em, I knew I had something special! :D

Comment

• mightyquinn
                      Proud to be a Nerd
                      • Aug 4, 2009

Cool supes rich. You don't see many ff around. That bike would look much better is superman was driving.
                      Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                        Formerly known as Del
                        • Dec 12, 2004

I got two mailer-boxed Dorothys at MM, one to put away for my neice and one to have a packaged Mego for myself. I also picked up Mxylplk, one of the few WGSH I still needed. Now all I need is Green Goblin before I start working on the variations and other lines. I also came home with two quickie customs that I really like - Uhura as Pam Grier and Black Dynamite!
                        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

A couple of my pick ups from the meet.

Lion Rock Vlad

Jason had my number pretty good with a boxed adventurer and two outfits I happily don't have.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

Nice pickups. I love how the box art has absolutely nothing to do with the figure based on how he is dressed. Perhaps he crashed his plane deep in Africa?

Comment

• z3zep
                              The Girl Next Door
                              • Sep 30, 2006

Nice FF Superman -- that is a tough one.

And you know I love the Dinah-cycle.... I need that front basket

Beauty of a Dracula minty T2!

Comment

• B-Lister
                                Eccentric Weirdo
                                • Mar 19, 2010

So, would anybody be interested in me recreating a hi-rez scan of the Super Savers sticker?

just a thought I had....I AM A graphic designer by trade.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎