X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kryptosmaster
    Removed.
    • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by steelcouch
    Manage to accomplish this small feet in a small period of time. Thanks goes out to all the members that made this happen for me. The dinahs I won in a lot sometime last week. Enjoy!
    http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...1/DSC01844.JPG
    ME AM JEALOUS!!

Rich

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

Great stuff Rich. Very nice Ledy Supergirl Steelcouch.

Comment

• megozilla13
        Persistent Member
        • May 10, 2002

Congrats on the Forbidden Zone. It's most certainly a rarity, I've only seen two in the past 10+ years. It's now the only sealed one as I opened mine when I got it. Mine doesn't have the white sticker on it. I wonder if the store placed those on.

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
        Honestly I have no idea. I can just barely remember opening it. I know my Grams bought it for me. She owned a pizzeria that didn't open til 7pm every night so during the day while she did her prep work we would often visit her there (it was right next door, too!). Yes, I did get free pizzas!
        Anyway we were in the pizza place and she gave me this big flat cardboard box and I remember opening it up and the treehouse was in it and I'm pretty sure all the figures were in individual plain cardboard boxes too. That's all I recall. Never in a million years did I think to save THAT box (although I saved many real boxes after that) so I don't know if it was printed on at all or where it came from. Even if my Grams was still alive she'd never remember where she bought it from. We did Sears & Penneys just like everyone else back then so could have been any of them really.
        Rich
        I'm not doubting your memory, I just would think it would be impossible for 5 boxed figures to fit inside a treehouse box. It's pretty tight in there with all the pieces.

mikej
        WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• megoapesnut
          The name says it all!
          • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by megozilla13
          Congrats on the Forbidden Zone. It's most certainly a rarity, I've only seen two in the past 10+ years. It's now the only sealed one as I opened mine when I got it. Mine doesn't have the white sticker on it. I wonder if the store placed those on.

I'm not doubting your memory, I just would think it would be impossible for 5 boxed figures to fit inside a treehouse box. It's pretty tight in there with all the pieces.

mikej
          I was wondering that myself as my tree house mailer box does not have a sticker on it. I also agree about the mailer boxed figures. Not only would it be tough to fit them inside the box, but I don't think it would have been packaged that way. I would think that the mailer boxes were for individual items. So my guess is that Rich's Grandma purchased the tree house and the figures separately and either stuffed the boxed figures into the tree house so she would only have to wrap one box or Rich is remembering them being in the box when they were not. At least I am hoping that, as I really don't want to have to be looking for a mailer box tree house giftset along with the regular giftset!

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by megoapesnut
            Just in case anyone was wondering who won the sealed mailer box POTA Forbidden Zone Trap...

Wonder no more! Just arrived today and it is even better then I expected. I didn't even realize these existed until it popped up on ebay a few weeks ago. I have a mint unused mail box Tree House, but this Forbidden Zone is SEALED! A stellar addition to my collection. You have no idea how much I want to pop this baby open and bask in the goodness. Not gunna happen though.

http://www.megocipsa.com/ftpimages/FZM.jpg
            You're NOT gonna open that? Are you kidding? Man if this thing were mine, I'd open that thing and enjoy the Mego goodness! It's a toy, man, play w/ it!
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• megoapesnut
              The name says it all!
              • Dec 3, 2007

I already have a loose one I can set up and admire. There is just too much magic to unopened Megos! I now have something that is the exact way it was on the shelf back then. I can't destroy the magic! I can't do it! Plus, like Mike inferred, how many other sealed ones are out there? I might have the only one. How can I destroy that possibility!

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                Removed.
                • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by megozilla13

mikej
                Oh I'm not 100% sure on that. That's why I didn't say i definitely remembered them like that. I do know they and the treehouse were NOT in store packages and were all in the plain cardboard boxes. As for whether they were in the same box with the treehouse, I don't know for sure. I'm 25% thinking they WERE in the same box but don't use my memory for any evidence. I was maybe 9 at the time and so excited to get them that I'm lucky i remember any of that at all. Now I do 100% remember getting General Ursus on a card (the helmeted one) for my 11th birthday. He was the last one I needed to get all 10. The other 4 2nd series I got for the previous Christmas. The last ape i bought new was a 2nd soldier ape and he came with the attached cuffs.
                Rich

Comment

• blastphemey
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 11, 2008

Last edited by blastphemey; Jun 5, '11, 3:29 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Nice lookin' bunch!
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• highquality
                      #1 Super Guy
                      • Jun 10, 2003

Everyone's gotten such cool stuff lately. Great looking close-up shots.
                      WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• z3zep
                        The Girl Next Door
                        • Sep 30, 2006

Here is my latest purchase, I am pretty stoked since I never thought I would find one MIB!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by z3zep
                          Here is my latest purchase, I am pretty stoked since I never thought I would find one MIB!

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...9/sany0303.jpg
                          Wow! Is that some foreign version of Dynah-Mite?
                          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• z3zep
                            The Girl Next Door
                            • Sep 30, 2006

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                            Wow! Is that some foreign version of Dynah-Mite?
                            Yep -- Rood Toys Super Girl (the Adventure Girl) -- foreign Dinah-Mite. Isn't she pretty!

Comment

• vulcan2074
                              Live Long and Prosper
                              • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by z3zep

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...9/sany0303.jpg
                              Oh shes so pretty. Congrats! Thats a great score Maureen.
                              Sammy

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                                Removed.
                                • Jun 14, 2008

Cool, z3zep.
                                Nice score
                                Rich

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰