X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vulcan2074
    Live Long and Prosper
    • Mar 23, 2008

Scott
    Congrats on your Amazing score. Thats a great sight to see. Wow!
    Sammy

Comment

• kryptosmaster
      Removed.
      • Jun 14, 2008

My treehouse came in a mailer box along with the original 5 figures. I'm guessing it came from Montgomery wards because my Grams bought it for me and she always catalog shopped there. I remember opening the cardboard box.
      Devil's Advocate question: How do you know there's really a Forbidden Zone playset inside if you don't open it?
      Rich

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Can't get anymore mint than that...
        sigpic

Comment

• dumbldor
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 9, 2002

Picked up another Invisible Girl (center):

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

sweet dan!!

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by megoapesnut
              Just in case anyone was wondering who won the sealed mailer box POTA Forbidden Zone Trap...

Wonder no more! Just arrived today and it is even better then I expected. I didn't even realize these existed until it popped up on ebay a few weeks ago. I have a mint unused mail box Tree House, but this Forbidden Zone is SEALED! A stellar addition to my collection. You have no idea how much I want to pop this baby open and bask in the goodness. Not gunna happen though.

http://www.megocipsa.com/ftpimages/FZM.jpg
              Congrats Scott,

It belongs in your collection. Fantastic.

Comment

• Orion
                Museum Night Watchman
                • Mar 11, 2008

Wow. That Forbidden Zone mailer box is very cool. Glad you were able to grab it.

dumbldor's Invisible Girl looks very nice as well. Looking at that picture it appears that there are very bright colors on that card.

Congrats to both of you!!

Comment

• megoapesnut
                  The name says it all!
                  • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                  My treehouse came in a mailer box along with the original 5 figures. I'm guessing it came from Montgomery wards because my Grams bought it for me and she always catalog shopped there. I remember opening the cardboard box.
                  So...they also had a mailer box tree house giftset. I am pretty sure my tree house mailer box was from JC Penny's. Do you remember if it had "Tree House Giftset" printed on the box or just "Tree House"? That's another set I have to keep an eye out for.

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                  Devil's Advocate question: How do you know there's really a Forbidden Zone playset inside if you don't open it?
                  That's a great question. And one we might never know. There is just too much "magic" in a sealed box for me to give in to temptation and find out! Maybe some day. Although it does feel about the right weight and, when shaken slightly, makes the same sounds as my regular boxed Zone. So that's good enough for me for now!

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                    Removed.
                    • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by megoapesnut
                    So...they also had a mailer box tree house giftset. I am pretty sure my tree house mailer box was from JC Penny's. Do you remember if it had "Tree House Giftset" printed on the box or just "Tree House"? That's another set I have to keep an eye out for.
                    Honestly I have no idea. I can just barely remember opening it. I know my Grams bought it for me. She owned a pizzeria that didn't open til 7pm every night so during the day while she did her prep work we would often visit her there (it was right next door, too!). Yes, I did get free pizzas!
                    Anyway we were in the pizza place and she gave me this big flat cardboard box and I remember opening it up and the treehouse was in it and I'm pretty sure all the figures were in individual plain cardboard boxes too. That's all I recall. Never in a million years did I think to save THAT box (although I saved many real boxes after that) so I don't know if it was printed on at all or where it came from. Even if my Grams was still alive she'd never remember where she bought it from. We did Sears & Penneys just like everyone else back then so could have been any of them really.
                    Rich

Comment

• bgrimm77
                      NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
                      • Jan 4, 2009

Was at the derry Flea market and scored another loose 3 3/4 inch Boss Hog..... Perfectly mint with no yellowing , his hat and his cigar!!! $2..... Now I have 2!!
                      WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                        Removed.
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Ok, not exactly Mego but close enough.
                        This guy's suit was yellowed but I used some oxygen cleaner (SUN brand, cheap at Big Lots) and the pinstripes whitened right up.
                        Meet Kojak.

[IMG][/IMG]
                        [IMG][/IMG]

I also got this super-mint Steve Austin with intact rubber arm sleeve! and this complete Bionic Bigfoot!
                        [IMG][/IMG]
                        [IMG][/IMG]
                        [IMG][/IMG]

Rich

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                          To Fear is Not Logical...
                          • Feb 17, 2008

Nice, Rich. I never noticed how melancholy Kojak looks. For some reason I thought he had a bit more of a smirk that how he looks in that picture.
                          It's all good!

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                            Removed.
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
                            Nice, Rich. I never noticed how melancholy Kojak looks. For some reason I thought he had a bit more of a smirk that how he looks in that picture.
                            Nice figure really. Wish I had all the little accessories but unfortunately he was loose. Amazingly he still has his socks & shoes and a rubber belt (I'm assuming came with him). I added the AJ gun.
                            He was listed as Lex Luthor.
                            He actually would make a pretty good vintage Luthor figure.
                            Rich

Comment

• steelcouch
                              Career Member
                              • Feb 11, 2006

Manage to accomplish this small feet in a small period of time. Thanks goes out to all the members that made this happen for me. The dinahs I won in a lot sometime last week. Enjoy!

Comment

• RG
                                Removed.
                                • Oct 1, 2004

holy smokes ... dang rich ... bigfoot looks amazing and that is one heck of a mint looking 6mdm

and jay ... wow. just awesome ... ledy supergirl

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎