X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by nayrbgo
    sweeeet, gorn captain! i actually like the smell of dryer sheet smoky megos. call me weird!
    "Dryer sheet smoky Megos".

I think we've just found the name for our new band....
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Collect 'em all!
      Wannabe Toys R Us Kid
      • Jun 14, 2008

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and just want to say how much I've enjoyed talking with you all on the MM forms.

Here's my story. Way back when I was a kid, I had and played with dozens of Mego WGSH, Star Trek and POTA figures--but, I was the oldest of 9 kids, and with 8 younger brothers and sisters it's no surprise that none of my original megos survived the test of our growing up...

Ever since the late 80s I've wanted to start recollecting them, but in the days before the internet it was pretty hard to find them in complete condition and they usually were not cheap--oh, how I missed them!

Over the past decade and a half, my passion for them has grown and just admiring them at toy shows and in my friends mego collections isn't enough anymore...

...when I discovered Mego Museum and the truly awesome Dida Displays, and then the mind blowing Worlds Greatest Toys book came out--that was it! I couldn't resist it any longer--The time to start my own Mego collection is finally here!!!

I bought the easiest WGSH to obtain first--and he just arrived in the mail yesterday!!
      He's in minty condition and just amazing! The one that started me off when I was a kid too--Mego Spidey!

(LOL, man, my hands have really gotten big since the last time I held one of these! Remember how as a kid your little hand wrapped perfectly around them, under their arms?)
      Last edited by Collect 'em all!; Jun 29, '08, 4:16 PM. Reason: spelling
      sigpic CAPTURED: 1976 King Kong Pen-a-Poster Art Kit by Craft Master
      That 70's Kong Found and brought in by my wife, Pamela. I love ya, honey! Mego Talk - View Single Post - King Kong Anyone??

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Just picked up a carded Robin,but I'm sure I'll put him up for sale pretty soon
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• dumbldor
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 9, 2002

I had a great day yesterday. I met up with a friend for a couple of hours and witnessed a few Mego rarities, then we completed a deal that landed me a rare 1979 French Pin Pin carded Batgirl (which were never closed out in the US like so many of the other Pin Pins) and an almost equally rare Parkdale Canadian carded Spiderman (and on Canada day no less). I can now present to everyone here all 6 2nd issue Batgirl cards assembled in one place, perhaps for the first time ever:

And both Parkdale Marvel 'dual cards':

Last edited by dumbldor; Jul 2, '08, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• highquality
            #1 Super Guy
            • Jun 10, 2003

Great, Dan!!

I know how long you've been looking for that particular Pin Pin Batgirl.

I'd love to own one of those Dual Card Canadian Spideys one day too.
            WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Collect 'em all!
              Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and just want to say how much I've enjoyed talking with you all on the MM forms.

Here's my story. ...
              Cool story - welcome to the Museum!!!!!

Now you MUST collect them All (even the Waltons)

Comment

• dumbldor
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 9, 2002

Thanks, Heath.

Comment

• rchatlin
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 24, 2001

Congrats, Dan,
                  your collection gets more impressive with each new acquisition.

Are you running out of room in the basement yet?

r
                  o
                  b

Comment

• sauce
                    Removed
                    • Jun 24, 2007

Oh my Gersh! Dan, you are amazing! I want to tag along next time just so I can get close enough to breathe the air within 10 feet of these Mego rarities!!! WOW!

Comment

• Surfsup
                      Silver Chrome Dome
                      • Dec 2, 2005

Congrats on those lovely cards Dan. I'm well pleased that you managed to track that Pin Pin Batgirl down!

Comment

• DCSTING
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 23, 2004

Thanks for sharing Dan. I always look forward to seeing photos of your collection.

Comment

• z3zep
                          The Girl Next Door
                          • Sep 30, 2006

Dan thanks for the sharing the photo of the all the variant Batgirl Cards - they are beautiful, congrats!

And I really like that dual Marvel carded Spidey too! I don't think I have ever seen those before.

Comment

• dumbldor
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 9, 2002

Thanks for sharing my excitement, everyone.

The dual cards are some of my favorites. I have been seeking a Spiderman for years.

Batgirl is one of my favorite 3 Mego Super Heroes (along with Batman and Aquaman), so finally picking up the last carded Batgirl is a real thrill. The six cards are the 1976 US card, 1977 US card (with 76 artwork), 1977/78 Pin Pin France card, 1979 US card (copyright mistakenly says 1977), 1979 generic red card, and 1979 Pin Pin France card. Because of the copyright date mistake on the 1979 US card, the 1979 French card is the only true Batgirl card (by true I mean that the red card is not really a Batgirl card b/c it is generic) that is dated 1979.

The Pin Pin Batgirls (both the 1977/78 card and the 1979 card) are tough to find because they were never closed out in the US at Lionel or Child World like the Pin Pin Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Hulk, Batman, Robin, and Superman. I don't think that the Pin Pin Joker, Penguin, or Supergirl were closed out here either, and so they are very tough to find as well. My 1977/78 Pin Pin Batgirl came from a collector in Germany. My friend acquired this 1979 Pin Pin Batgirl directly from France.

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

Nicely done Dan. I'd like to own a duel card myself one day.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

wunderbar Dan, that Spiderman is beautiful!
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎