Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

Yes, there's a lot of people who think Star Wars toy = gold.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Sounds like the ones that think the $1 Pez they have should be worth $10. And I have run into them.

Comment

• AAAAA
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 28, 2005

i saw it
        I say it was a put on and Jarrod wanted to write off his Mego collection.

Comment

• Wyld Knights
          • Oct 7, 2009

Sad whomever they belonged to.

Comment

• chalwa
            Mego Philomath
            • Jun 8, 2007

Glad to hear that most of you will not be watching the further adventures of these con artists.
            I guess I shouldn't be as upset as I am but this just takes the cake!
            The fact that they don't add a disclaimer is wrong and shouldn't be allowed.
            Still not sure exactly why it has me so hopping mad but I know I'll be fumin' over this for a while.
            Chalwa AKA The Pre-Crisis Chris

Chris' Blogs:
            The Misadventures of Captain Blog
            Comic Book Fanzines: Chain Letters for Disturbed Children

When I am grown to man's estate,
            I shall be very proud and great.
            And tell the other girls and boys,
            not to meddle with my toys.
            -Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• Goblin19
              Talkative Member
              • May 2, 2002

Yeah, I agree. I know a lot of this stuff is set up or reenacted to get it right, but this is outright deception.

Comment

• AAAAA
                Permanent Member
                • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by chalwa
                Glad to hear that most of you will not be watching the further adventures of these con artists.
                I guess I shouldn't be as upset as I am but this just takes the cake!
                The fact that they don't add a disclaimer is wrong and shouldn't be allowed.
                Still not sure exactly why it has me so hopping mad but I know I'll be fumin' over this for a while.
                its like "tool academy" show a put on, pure entertainment.

Comment

• Nitekatt
                  • Jul 13, 2009

I usually just lurk but I felt I needed to comment on this. I caught the rerun tonight.

I don't know what is worse - the 'fakeness' of the episode, or that fact that not only were valuable megos featured, but a fellow collector was involved in this "deception".

Gee, I hope whatever he was paid by the network for his involvement and silence,er "non-discloser" was worth it.

*faceplam*
                  Last edited by Nitekatt; Jun 29, '11, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• MicromanZone
                    Banned
                    • Apr 26, 2011

I almost understand the outrage here, but all “reality” shows are like this. Real actors & writers need to be paid. The “reality” part of this show is folks who are more than willing to sell themselves short and delude themselves into thinking they will have their “story told” are a dime a dozen. This stuff became popular during the 2007-2008 writer’s strike since TV excecs could care less about paying creators what they are worth. So they make this stuff to circumvent that little thing and they win. All reality shows are like this. The only show I trust for stuff like this is “Antiques Roadshow” since it’s the only show where real people come in and get their real stuff assessed by real experts. Past that show, it’s all staged drama and nonsense.

Comment

• TheBigToyAuction.com
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jun 1, 2011

Originally posted by MicromanZone
                      I almost understand the outrage here, but all “reality” shows are like this. Real actors & writers need to be paid. The “reality” part of this show is folks who are more than willing to sell themselves short and delude themselves into thinking they will have their “story told” are a dime a dozen. This stuff became popular during the 2007-2008 writer’s strike since TV excecs could care less about paying creators what they are worth. So they make this stuff to circumvent that little thing and they win. All reality shows are like this. The only show I trust for stuff like this is “Antiques Roadshow” since it’s the only show where real people come in and get their real stuff assessed by real experts. Past that show, it’s all staged drama and nonsense.
                      Hopefully, not to ruin another show for you, but I travel in the same circles as a lot of those Antiques Roadshow folks, and know quite a few of them socially. There's a bit of behind the scenes stuff that goes on there, too, to produce a good show, and a lot of times there's more to the story than what you see on TV.

That's, of course, not to say anything against any of those appraisers or auctioneers - most of whom are well-versed in their trade, and many of whom are legitimately nice guys. But if you watch earlier seasons before it became popular and more recent seasons, you'll see a big change between what happens at a real appraisal, and what gets played up for the cameras.

Still, I find myself yelling at the TV a lot less on that one than most of the others.
                      Join us Live at our next live-Auction event! and bid on all your favorite toys! Real Auctions. Real Auctioneers. Real Great deals on the Toys You Want!

Comment

• dumbldor
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 9, 2002

I just had a structural engineer in my house this morning to look at a crack, and he saw my display of carded WGSH. He said, "Hey, aren't those worth a lot of money? I saw them on TV. Storage Wars!"

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by dumbldor
                          I just had a structural engineer in my house this morning to look at a crack, and he saw my display of carded WGSH. He said, "Hey, aren't those worth a lot of money? I saw them on TV. Storage Wars!"
                          what did you say?
                          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• dumbldor
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 9, 2002

I told him that I knew the guy who provided his collection for the staged "find."

He was actually really disappointed to hear that the show was staged. I instantly regretted telling him.

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by dumbldor
                              I told him that I knew the guy who provided his collection for the staged "find."

He was actually really disappointed to hear that the show was staged. I instantly regretted telling him.
                              lol
                              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Goblin19
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 2, 2002

How many people go into this business now due to their misrepresentation? I think this is what bugs me most. There needs to be a strong disclaimer.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎