• LizardJones
    • Feb 3, 2010

black nose

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• bgrimm77
      NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
      • Jan 4, 2009

In my opinion which has proven to not be worth much... I dont like em. I will say that if anything Black Manta looks pretty cool. The head sculpt I got from Dave Mc of 2-Face I think looks cooler than the Mattel version. Just my opinion
      WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
        To Fear is Not Logical...
        • Feb 17, 2008

I took the doctored image and lifted the eye slits just a bit and added more shade at the top. That relaxes his face just a bit and gives him a friendlier Superfriends look. IMO. I'm probably in the minority, but I like the friendly superhero look rather than the "rage" look some figures get.
        It's all good!

Comment

• Mego Milk
          Custom Mego Maker
          • Jun 3, 2007

awesome photos of the MattellMegos!
          scroll to the bottom of the page!

NYTF: Mattels DCU and He-Man Lines - Comic Book Resources

Comment

• Keeler
            • Jun 22, 2009

I have to say the Batman prototype has me very excited, I can't wait to see the final product. I think they nailed it! Very solid tribute to the original (including Bruce's hairline).

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
              Stuck in a laundry shoot.
              • Oct 8, 2007

Hey Milk, Thanks for that cool link. I love that Black Manta, and Two-face is sweet.
              That's all.
              "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• censy
                thread killer
                • Sep 26, 2007

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
                I took the doctored image and lifted the eye slits just a bit and added more shade at the top. That relaxes his face just a bit and gives him a friendlier Superfriends look. IMO. I'm probably in the minority, but I like the friendly superhero look rather than the "rage" look some figures get.
                http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...roBatsEyes.jpg
                I am right there with you. I like the super friendly style. I have complained about the bodies of these and hate sounding like a spoiled kid. My mego cup is not just half full, it runneth over. I am hoping Mattel improves the bodies and want nothing but success for this line. Even if the bodies are not re-tooled I will buy the aquaman figure, because I love the character so much.

Chris

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

aw yeah linkage!

Comment

• drmego
                    EMCE Toys
                    • Jun 15, 2001

The cowl

The cowled Batman is not the head being tooled. The head being tooled
                    is the Bruce Wayne head. There is a separate cowl that will fit nicely
                    onto the Bruce head, but since the factory only made it in black, and
                    all pictures taken at Toy Fair will be used for press and by retailers,
                    Mattel preferred not to show it for fear everyone would expect the
                    final figure to have an all-black cowl.

Originally posted by MIB41
                    So what I am hearing you say is this prototype of the "cowled" Batman is in fact NOT what the final product will look like. Is that a fair statement? I say that because as a molded one piece I can't determine what we really have here. What I would beg you to ask them to do is make sure the cowl will fit on him correctly. There is no novelty in having a removable cowl Batman if the cowl doesn't make him look interesting to begin with. If his face looks ridiculous then you have a ridiculous looking figure. The concept works if the cowl works. That prototype does not work. No kid will look at it and say, "Oh that looks like a mask my dad wore as a kid in the 60's." Uh... no.
                    www.drmego.com
                    www.megoman.com
                    www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Orlock
                      Megohead Superdad
                      • Feb 15, 2010

I am so looking forward to these. All of mine from my childhood were destroyed, and a Batman, Robin, Superman and Joker would literally make me cry if I can get them for 20-25 bucks each. SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE. Excellent jobs all around.
                      My Art/Photography Page For Commissions
                      T-Shirts, Prints, and More for Sale
                      My Personal Facebook

Comment

• Ivaniski
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 24, 2007

Batman, Aquaman, Two-face, Black Manta

Originally posted by Raydeen1
                        Here's some before and after some quick tweaks I did in Photoshop. Remember, I said QUICK tweaks. I use Photoshop every day at work and am quite adept with it. I wasn't making the Mona Lisa here.

If Batman's nose is going to be blue, which by the way, is what I prefer, it MUST have a black line.

Bruce's hair, now parted on the side, looks a zillion times better IMO.

Here's a big difference, I tapered the jawline.

See if you can spot the other subtle tweaks.

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...oBruceBats.jpg
                        Excellent Job! You're Bruce Wayne with the hair parted to the side and the defined Jaw line makes him look Much better now. Again, Great job !!!

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by drmego
                          Thanks for the clarification Paul. I look forward to seeing the final product in it's correct glory.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
                            Defender of the Megoverse
                            • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by drmego
                            Oh thank God! I new that it could not be the Batman that you would give us. We await the completed prototype. Oh yah Doc, when do you think we will get to see it finished?????

Comment

• megomania
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jan 2, 2010

Thanks for the clarification Paul. I look forward to seeing the final product in it's correct glory.
                              Oh, really?

Honestly I'll be glad when this line is over.

Comment

• Gremlin517
                                Museum Patron
                                • Sep 20, 2009

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                                Hmmmm.....I'm really hating those glove cuffs......And Two-Face is a poor choice IMO....would have rather have seen Riddler (in keeping with a Challenge homage) or The Joker
                                Does this alleged Challenge of the Superfriends actually exist or has it just been agreed upon by us fanboys and is more like wishful thinking than anything else?

Grem-
                                Give us Golden Age Mego!!! Hourman! Golden Age Green Lantern, Jay Garrick would absolutely rock!sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎