X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Old Mego Only. Worst or Weirdest Mego Outfit

Ok so here is where we discuss the sometimes unusual decisions made at Mego regarding clothing. Talosian is obviously dressed for the Alien Psychic Circus as a PsychoClown. Mugato is ready for Buck Rogers and his Space Disco. Which outfit do you think is the worst/weirdest in Mego’s library?
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

While I'm not really too crazy about the Gold & Light Purple color scheme of Urko's outfit (and I would have preferred Zaius to be in orange, rather then white/beige), I have to say that overall, The Mugato's outfit is probably the worst of all the original Mego outfits.

Comment

• Omego
      • Jan 5, 2024

I will also vote for Mugato, although his outfit is so over-the-top awful that I kind of love it.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Mad Monsters Dracula with his silkscreened suit. Joker and Penguin had separate jackets, it definitely would have helped ol’ Drac.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

I’m not saying Muggy had a bad suit. It is definitely a different interpretation of the Trek Gorillacorn we all knew and loved. Drac’s tuxedo pajamas are hideous. I think AJ had the worst with his paisley snorkel ensemble.

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

So, 8" Cap...mistakes were made. Mego attempted to redeem themselves with 12" Cap, only to not go the extra mile and give him red hands, like they did with 12" Spidey. I never owned either as a kid, but as an adult collector, it's these flaws that make me the figures that much more.
            You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I'm going to get stuff thrown at me, but I really dislike Mego Tarzan's pajamas. I know, I know, it was early in the line, and the Type 1 body just didn't present well without a body suit covering most of it. But still, I just have never cared for it.
              sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I agree on Tarzan and not just because of the PJs. That generic circus strongman design was long outdated by the 70s and would have looked nothing like the Tarzan kids were used to. I don't get it.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I love the Tarzan mego, but I do understand the outfit issue, at least they gave him a knife. I agree on the Mugato outfit and why not throw in the Gorn for good measure, absolutely nothing to do with the episode. Silkscreen was mentioned and I thought perhaps they could have done a better job on Wonder Woman too.

Comment

• J.B.
                    Guild Navigator
                    • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by TrekStar
                    at least they gave him a knife.
                    Annnnnd a bad-as5 hairdo.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 29, 2018

Tarzan could have rocked a pair of Conan Klein Fuzzy Bloomers. And if Robin can show off the bare skin in his manpanties I think Tarzan could have gone the same route. At the same time, I think Robin would have looked better in tights instead of bare legs and it would have matched the Burt Ward look better.

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Weird definitely has to go to Mugato, but it's still glorious! There is no other era in which something like that could have left a toy factory. Worst is probably Mada from One Million BC. She looks like she's wearing a fuzzy potato costume...

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎