X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by kresge1
    I work with all girls,and i get the classic reponse "you play with dolls" then i have to educate them on the mego history and the current state of the hobby
    I can't stop laughing at your post because I'm imagining it starting with the words "Dear Penthouse Letters..."

Comment

• kresge1
      Museum_Bozo
      • Jun 20, 2001

Originally posted by MegoSteve
      I can't stop laughing at your post because I'm imagining it starting with the words "Dear Penthouse Letters..."

Hey Pimping aint easy
      Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• FullerDawg
        Super Mego Man
        • Jan 5, 2007

SHHHHHHHHHH its a secret

Originally posted by FullerDawg
        SHHHHHHHHHH its a secret
        From my wife that is LOL Shhhhhhhh
        Last edited by FullerDawg; Aug 23, '07, 5:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• garagesale
          Dept. of Mego Studies
          • Aug 8, 2006

People at my work know about my Megos. They can't miss them. There are now 89 action figures (90% mego & megolike). I've incorporated them into my work as well (I'm a college English prof, but the details are a bit complicated).

Not only do my colleagues and students love them, but some of the faculty and staff have also begun bringing in their own toys and action figures to adorn their desks and shelves. Actually, some folks had stuff up long before my office exploded with action!

The more you come "out of the closet," the more it will encourage others to do the same!

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• LadyZod
            Superman's Gal Pal
            • Jan 27, 2007

People at work know about my not so dirty...not so secret.

Upside, I no longer fear "secret santa". I know I'm not getting perfume, makeup or a blouse. I'm getting a Superman toy. That makes it all worth while my friends.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
            Check out my art:
            Art Portfolio@Redbubble
            Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• txteach
              Banned
              • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by garagesale
              People at my work know about my Megos. They can't miss them. There are now 89 action figures (90% mego & megolike). I've incorporated them into my work as well (I'm a college English prof, but the details are a bit complicated).

Not only do my colleagues and students love them, but some of the faculty and staff have also begun bringing in their own toys and action figures to adorn their desks and shelves. Actually, some folks had stuff up long before my office exploded with action!

The more you come "out of the closet," the more it will encourage others to do the same!

JamesD

Glad to see that your finally out of closet James. Actually James' office looks great. I'd be afraid my students would steal or destroy my stuff.

Comment

• Adam West
                Museum CPA
                • Apr 14, 2003

A few people know about it but I don't really talk about it much unless they are interested. Most people know I collect a lot of stuff because I also have my purchases sent to work so I know it arrives safe and sound but only a couple of time have people asked "what's in all those packages you're receiving"

The only think I have in my office is a wool Redskins pennant but is more of a retro style pennant and not one of my vintage ones for fear of having it nicked.

Even though I live in the heart of Redskins country, there are a ton of Ravens, Cowboys, Eagles, and especially Pittsburgh Steelers fans around here and I am almost always the recipient of most of the Monday morning ribbing when the Redskins lose which has been most of the time the last few years.
                "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                  Pat Troughton in disguise
                  • Nov 21, 2007

I arrive at work with any new purchased toys ( it gives me time to work out how i'm gonna get them into the house without the other half knowing), and spend many fine minutes admiring/playing reguardless who's watching. In fact I remember the day I bought my first fx master replica lightsaber (I too work on the underground) and a passenger I knew came to buy a ticket...I turned all the ligths off in the booking office (there was aqueue of people waiting) just to show him how cool it was lit up.
                  ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

I've been open about it the past couple of jobs, and have been bringing a few in for display on top of a cabinet in my office. Not to mention the Spidey hanging on the wall and the Hulk hanging on the monitor. It usually sparks conversation about what toys people had as a kid and what they buy their kids. The response is almost always positive, and as long as you don't act ashamed, people tend to respect your hobbies.

Comment

• kingcarm
                      That Ape Guy
                      • Sep 7, 2001

Originally posted by Meule
                      Only two or three people at work know I collect Megos. It's not that I hide it, the subject just never comes up
                      Pretty much the same with me.
                      Carm

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
                        Banned
                        • Oct 17, 2007

Everyone knows I've collected toys for a long time in most places I've worked. Being in retail management I have moved about once a year for the past 10 years , so much of my items are in storage. But it has helped me see all over the country and find some great items over the years.
                        I like to teach a class on how to list and the loopholes for EBAY and many of my props for that is toy related.You would surprised at how many people have no idea about EBAY and all the great tax free money out there. When I worked for ToysRus for 6 years everyone knew I collected toys because I would get all the displays and had great contacts with the vendors for SW items. That's way I think I hate all these modern toys.

Comment

• EllaJames
                          • Sep 28, 2007

I never hide the fact that I collect action figures/comic books, etc. For the most part I get a response like "You're the coolest girl ever, will you marry me?"

Comment

• UOBob
                            Mostly Harmless
                            • Jul 18, 2006

Brian's Toys was on the gift registry for my wedding so no, I don't really try to hide my addiction.
                            мое судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                              Formerly known as Del
                              • Dec 12, 2004

Everyone at the job I just left knows about my comic book/Star Wars/toy obsession. I've never had a job with a desk or an office, so I've never had anywhere to display toys. Maybe someday...But for now I'll have to settle with wearing the badges I got from the DC booth at comicons on my jacket, purse, etc.
                              Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                              https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                              http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• The Sentry
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jun 3, 2007

Around here in the capital city of WV I'm considered a freak of nature for collecting toys and comics, you see, if you aren't involved in the "3 D's" (Drugs, Drama, and Dumba**ses) you aren't cool. Being a singer in a rock band is even worse. *sighs* I really don't have many people to talk to about my collections that would truly appreciate it. I have a few close friends who understand but most don't so when I do shows I usually watch people get drunk, make total morons out of themselves while I stay mute.

My bandmates know and understand my love and collect toys themselves. Eric my drummer has a great collection of Simpsons figures, Dave my guitarist is a HUGE Spiderman and Iron Man fan as well as being a Transformers head like me and Roadblock well, that's who I'm giving the Mr. Monster to for Christmas!
                                Then there's Trappy, he's as ate up with Megos as I am!

Then after that there's just a small few. I feel so alone here!

See why I bother all of you?
                                sigpic
                                http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                                https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                                [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎