Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sell Dilema, and Ethical Question...need opinion's please.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Hmm....much to ponder. You're right...I have close to $100. into it...and I am taking a chance that The EMCE Romulan will really get released. If they do however...the price of a Case for Me(My friend has a Business)...is $92.00

I can't decide! But thanks for the imput...and blessing Dave.
    sigpic

Comment

• Man of Action
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 26, 2006

Keep it, you know you love it!! It's way to cool to part with..

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
        valar morghulis
        • Mar 8, 2005

Why would you even consider selling something you call your prized possession when the $$ return on it isn't even that great? Set aside $5 every week, and before you know it you'll have the $90 you need to buy the case of the new romulans, long before they even come out. And you get to keep your sentimental custom. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Dave Mc
          I like owning cutoms others made. I kind of view it as an artform. Even if this trek line progressed, and they made a factory version of James' Gorn, which I didn't contribute to, you couldn't pry the original custom I have from me. I'd certainly pay the $15 and buy one of the factory figures, but I'd keep the hand sewn, hand painted, hand casted and sculpted original. That can't be replaced, ever. I look at it and don't just see the character, I know who made it, I appreciate the detail and the work that went into it. I place a lot more value in a one of a kind hand made figure than I do on any modern reproduction. That's just me though, and my view of a nice custom.
          That's exactly how I feel about it. I have customs from several members in my collection and I treasure them just as much as my originals. The time and effort that went into these are worth more to me than the possible monetary value. Besides, selling a custom on eBay is a tricky thing: you either get a lot of money for it or hardly anything at all.
          Start saving up some cash if you wanna buy a case or repro Romulans and display a repro one next to the custom Rommie. Once you see 'em together you'll be glad you kept it
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Thanks Guy's...now I'm even more undecided?????
            sigpic

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Dude, that's an original Dave MC custom suit (and a friggin sweet one if I might add), that alone is worth keeping it. It took me almost 3 years to get hold of an original Dave MC custom suit, now that I have one I'll be damned if I'll give it up (BTW, haven't forgotten about our deal, Dave ). And remember, Dave is out of the sewing business (for now anyway ), so if you sell this custom who knows when you'll get another Dave MC original.
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Yeah...the Suit really is an AMAZING Piece of Work...You should see it up close! Dave truely IS an Artist.
                sigpic

Comment

• GSPUSA
                  General Patton
                  • Apr 9, 2005

Personally I'd keep it. I plan on selling most of my originals and dealing strictly with customs.
                  It

Comment

• The Sentry
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by Meule
                    That's exactly how I feel about it. I have customs from several members in my collection and I treasure them just as much as my originals. The time and effort that went into these are worth more to me than the possible monetary value. Besides, selling a custom on eBay is a tricky thing: you either get a lot of money for it or hardly anything at all.
                    Start saving up some cash if you wanna buy a case or repro Romulans and display a repro one next to the custom Rommie. Once you see 'em together you'll be glad you kept it

Yeah man, like Dave and Meule has said here I'm gunna have to agree with them as well. That would be like if I would have a hand made version that looks better than what the original was, I would roll with the custom job and eat the cost for the repro. IMO, I don't care if it's repro or not cause it's mine and I love it just the same won't get sold. So Let me slam home the point here,

you're dumb if you sell it, plus you'll regret it when you do.

I would love the fact that Dave and Doc and friends took the time to make this. If I could only be so lucky. Let me say again, I'd keep it man.
                    sigpic
                    http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                    [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by The Sentry
                      you're dumb if you sell it

Dumb...Hey, that's little Harsh. No...I hear what You're saying.I just can't help thinking, that if it sold for what I wanted...I'd end up with 4 Romulan's that are perfect replica's. It's just that I don't have unlimited Fund's for Collecting...I have to wheel & Deal to keep My Hobby going(and the Wife off My Back).
                      Last edited by The Bat; Aug 17, '07, 6:42 AM. Reason: missed word
                      sigpic

Comment

• chalwa
                        Mego Philomath
                        • Jun 8, 2007

Keep it. You'll regret it if you sell. The fact that you took the time to write this says it all.
                        Whether or not you get repros matters not. Would you like to have this 20 years from now? Probably.
                        Keep it.

bestest

Chalwa
                        Chalwa AKA The Pre-Crisis Chris

Chris' Blogs:
                        The Misadventures of Captain Blog
                        Comic Book Fanzines: Chain Letters for Disturbed Children

When I am grown to man's estate,
                        I shall be very proud and great.
                        And tell the other girls and boys,
                        not to meddle with my toys.
                        -Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• z3zep
                          The Girl Next Door
                          • Sep 30, 2006

If I owned a Dave Mc custom, I would keep it. It is an awesome custom.

What would you do with a case of repros anyway?

my 2 cents.

Comment

• kresge1
                            Museum_Bozo
                            • Jun 20, 2001

Sell it to me.This will solve your problem
                            Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎