Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Unless your license dictates otherwise, I think it would be cool to see some figures based on the original comic strip. I know Go Hero has the 12" Buck, but he's too pricey for a lot of folks.

A Colonel Gordon/Buster Crabbe figure would be great too.

I'm sure you've got lots to worry about with the first line as it is to be bothering about whats next, but its fun to go what if anyways!
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Captain
      Unless your license dictates otherwise, I think it would be cool to see some figures based on the original comic strip. I know Go Hero has the 12" Buck, but he's too pricey for a lot of folks.

A Colonel Gordon/Buster Crabbe figure would be great too.

I'm sure you've got lots to worry about with the first line as it is to be bothering about whats next, but its fun to go what if anyways!
      The license I have only covers the TV show but that's not to say that 8" scale figures based on the comic strip aren't a possibility.

Comment

• 60'schild
        Silver Haired Silver Ager
        • Mar 27, 2009

But Buster Crabbe WAS in an episode of the 70's TV show... see below:

from Planet of the Slave Girls (part 1 and 2) as Brigadier General Gordon)
        Last edited by 60'schild; Jul 3, '09, 2:50 PM.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by 60'schild
          But Buster Crabbe WAS in an episode of the 70's TV show... see below:

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...rabbe_erin.jpg

Yes, he was in the show but obviously much older and with a mustache which means the head sculpt wouldn't work for him as the classic version of Buck Rogers. Trust me, I'm looking at several possibilities for characters to make from the TV series and his appearance is one I've definitely taken notice of.

Comment

• 60'schild
            • Mar 27, 2009

Personally, I would be more than happy to even have an 8" older Buster Crabbe as the TV style "Brigadier Gordon", as I'm sure several others here would be.

Comment

• vulcan2074
              Live Long and Prosper
              • Mar 23, 2008

I'd personally love to see a Hieronymous Fox figure
              Sammy

Comment

• Captain
                Fighting the good fight!
                • Jun 17, 2001

Yeah, thats the Buster Crabbe version I meant..General..not colonel..I accidentally demoted him. To me, that was one of the best episodes of the series.

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

hopefully the arm bands wont be paper like how mego made them bec those were always the first to get ripped or fall off. just my 2cents.

Comment

• DocDrako
                    Formerly Doc Drako
                    • Nov 11, 2004

I just have to say again that I want all of these. I am already making a list in my head of future figures I hope to see which is very premature, but I am so excited. I loved the show and still do (I'm actually watching it now..."Mark of the Saurian" episode). There are so many possibilities for future figures that I am practically bouncing off the walls here. I am very optimistic about this line because I think it is such a great idea. I can't wait for these to come out. Then I can stop using my Launcelot as Buck Rogers when my Megos come out to play.

Thanks in advance, Zica, for making a Mego dream come true!

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

[
                      Thanks in advance, Zica, for making a Mego dream come true!

[/QUOTE]

i'll drink to that! cheers!!

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Thanks everybody! I'm extremely happy with the great response that the announcement for the line has been getting. Speaking as both a fan of the show and a collector, I promise to do my best on this project and I'm always open to suggestions. I must admit that I'm actually a bigger fan of the 3.75" scale but now that I've delved into the 8" scale I can see a world of possibilities.

Comment

• starsky
                          veteran member
                          • Aug 26, 2007

there's nothing better than to have a fan of a show be responsible for carrying out a project!!!

Comment

• 60'schild
                            • Mar 27, 2009

Originally posted by starsky
                            there's nothing better than to have a fan of a show be responsible for carrying out a project!!!
                            Yes, regardless of its financial viabilty, having a fan at the helm guarentees the "spirit" of the project is in good hands!!

Comment

• The Sentry
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by ZICA
                              Thanks everybody! I'm extremely happy with the great response that the announcement for the line has been getting. Speaking as both a fan of the show and a collector, I promise to do my best on this project and I'm always open to suggestions. I must admit that I'm actually a bigger fan of the 3.75" scale but now that I've delved into the 8" scale I can see a world of possibilities.
                              That would be all we would ask. As Doc said earlier, thanks for making a childhood dream come true.

Only thing I would ask is what you have said is up next, Wilma and TWIKI. They were my favorites on the show when I was little.

But I do know I have to have a Buck in Draconian disguise. So I guess I have to have 2 of each for them.
                              sigpic
                              http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                              [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• Captain
                                Fighting the good fight!
                                • Jun 17, 2001

You know, I havent really given the Buck tv series a second thought since I was a kid. Since this announcement I've hauled out my old comics and re read them ,and my old VHS copy of the movie and rewatched it. I've also been scanning the web, upgrading my memory of the series.....I may even have to see if I can find the DVD collection.

I used to do stuff like this when I was a kid and excited about a new toy line, or tv show. I would get my hands on anything I could find and try to learn as much as I could. I was surprised to catch myself doing it again for this release. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎