• Show
Clear All

• MegoMark71
    replied
    yeah a mego for under a buck.

Leave a comment:

• bgrimm77
    replied
    ^^for .79 cents he could have been totally naked and I wouldnt be able to pass it up !!Great snag !!

Leave a comment:

• DocDrako
    replied
    The cheapest Mego I found in the wild was a Wizard of Oz Wizard, almost new at a second hand store for .79 cents. He was missing his shoes and hat. I couldn't pass him up.

Leave a comment:

• 4NDR01D
    replied
    Originally posted by samurainoir
    Wow! That is awesome. Do you mean the Sunday Antique/Flea Market across from the St Lawrence Market where they have the farmer's market on other days?
    Yep, That's the place. Pretty much the last weekend flea market style place I know of. Lots of expensive antiquey stuff, but some toys and records and stuff from time to time. I left behind some Mego Trek figures for ya!

Leave a comment:

• livnxxxl
    replied
    Originally posted by hobub
    That's great. The best deal I've gotten on Mego's that way were two nice Magnetic Batmans for $12.50 each.
    Man, They seen you coming on that deal. Nice snag!

Leave a comment:

• livnxxxl
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Arnold
    Awesome finds! I saw a loose Cher doll for $3 but passed. Now I wish I would have gotten it just so I could say I bought a Mego in the wild this year.
    I bet you wish you could "turn back time".

Leave a comment:

• bgrimm77
    replied
    Great find !! In the past 2 years I have only found 4 Mego's in the wild , so when you do that instant feeling of excitement is priceless !

Leave a comment:

• samurainoir
    replied
    Originally posted by stretchandro
    I had a feeling that I'd find some Mego's at the Sunday market in Toronto today. I bought two loose apes, complete and nice condition for $40 and then found a boxed AJ at another table for $5. I figured $20 a piece for the apes was an ok deal as the repros are that. The AJ box is ok shape, has small repairable rip at the top, but I'm not a "minty" kind of guy so I'm cool with it.
    Wow! That is awesome. Do you mean the Sunday Antique/Flea Market across from the St Lawrence Market where they have the farmer's market on other days?

I've found lots of great stuff there over the years. It used to spillover into the former dirt-mall where the Rainbow, Harvey's and Metro is now. I found a handful of Comic Action Heroes, the seventies Marvel Superheroes tin lunchbox and thermos, plush seventies Artoo Detoo, and Chewbacca, and 12" vintage Star Wars figures there for a steal over the past decade. Of course there some some weeks where there was nothing at all, but that's the thrill of places like this.

Leave a comment:

• Hotfoot
    replied
    I found a Zombie Ponch and Jon for $5 each last week.

Great feeling to find them in the wild.

Leave a comment:

• Bizarro Amy
    replied
    Congrats. Those were all pretty good buys.

Leave a comment:

• hobub
    replied
    That's great. The best deal I've gotten on Mego's that way were two nice Magnetic Batmans for $12.50 each.

Leave a comment:

• Brazoo
    replied
    Nice! I'm in Toronto too and the only affordable Mego I ever found here was a nude Cher doll, which I did buy - so there, Tim!

If I ever see any in comic stores or flea markets they're insanely priced. The best and cheapest one's I've found have been in antique barn type flea markets in the U.S.

Leave a comment:

• Meule
    replied
    Way to go, always a great feeling finding a Mego in the wild

Leave a comment:

• SlipperyLilSuckers
    replied
    That's a great deal for a boxed AJ.

Leave a comment:

• Marvelmania
    replied
    Awesome finds! I saw a loose Cher doll for $3 but passed. Now I wish I would have gotten it just so I could say I bought a Mego in the wild this year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎