Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I hope the spirit of this thread wasn't misunderstood. I LOVE my Megos. Did as a kid, do now. If they didn't exist my childhood would have a big gaping hole in it. But over the years of gathering these figures up, these are just some of the questions that popped into my head. It's these weird idiosyncracies that help make Mego interesting, and set them apart from their later, slicker Super Hero action figure brethern.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      I hope the spirit of this thread wasn't misunderstood. I LOVE my Megos. Did as a kid, do now. If they didn't exist my childhood would have a big gaping hole in it. But over the years of gathering these figures up, these are just some of the questions that popped into my head. It's these weird idiosyncracies that help make Mego interesting, and set them apart from their later, slicker Super Hero action figure brethern.

Chris
      nuh i understand what you meant,It's good to wonder why? and what if
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• megojim
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 13, 2001

The answer to all of these question is a simple matter of production cost and the fact that the design team really didn't know the characters.
        Besides . . . we still bought em right? . . . . some of have bought two or three times over I think this is one of the endearing facets of Mego figures.
        -jim
        My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

As a kid all those points never mattered to me......I loved Captain America as a kid had him three different times never once cared that he wasn't correct and actually wouldn't have my Cap any other way.

Green Arrow Mego is IMO perfect.

If Mego existed now sure I would want my figures a bit more accurate but I know the figures would cost more also. Dc Direct 13 inch figure line is proof of that.

Comment

• chalwa
            Mego Philomath
            • Jun 8, 2007

Originally posted by MegoNinja
            another note is that Mxyzptlk is not meant to have pants, as strange as that sounds! Im guessing that they didn't want to do this so that they didn't have an action figure that was a mad imp with no pants!
            Hahahaha!
            Now that is funny! If I had to do it over, that'd be my screen name:
            Mad imp with no pants!

Been called worse.
            Heh.
            I Love it.

bestest

chris
            Chalwa AKA The Pre-Crisis Chris

Chris' Blogs:
            The Misadventures of Captain Blog
            Comic Book Fanzines: Chain Letters for Disturbed Children

When I am grown to man's estate,
            I shall be very proud and great.
            And tell the other girls and boys,
            not to meddle with my toys.
            -Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• Airdave817
              Satellite Monitor Duty
              • May 31, 2007

I think all of the details and quirks of design are what make the Megos so unique. I like the figures that I've been getting from DC Direct. I like the Alex Ross figures because they look like they've come right off the page. I like the Justice League Animated figures becuase they're all based on the maquettes. I have the mini-maquettes, the figures and the metal figures all on display on a shelf.

But there is just something about Batman and those goofy, oversized oven-mitt gloves that is just so cool. The same with Robin. I think that it is interesting that they didn't base the design on either Adam West, Burt Ward or the current comic book images, but images from - what? - the '50's?
              Shameless self-promotion -
              Earth-Dave
              KROC-FM
              Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
              "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎