Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES PLAYSET ...sort of...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ditcin
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 3, 2008

Originally posted by HardyGirl
    Zira doing a feather dance? WOW! I wonder what Kim Hunter would say? *in Mae West speak* "It's not the apes in my life, it's the life in my apes!"

Just teasing, can't wait to see it, Scott!

All this talk about a “feather dance”… Well, as director of this musical extravaganza I want it to be known this “feather dance” was done with the utmost respect and decorum akin to a Japanese “fan” dance AND NOT A GYPSY ROSELEE GYRATION!
    Signed, Scott M. Bosco, Animator of the film.

THIS JUST IN ---
    NEVER BEFORE SEEN CANDID SHOTS OF THE “WRAP PARTY” SHOWING COVORTING CAST MEMBERS.

NOTE: THE “ASTRONAUT” WAS AN “INVITED” GUEST OF ONE OF THE CAST MEMEBERS HE DID NOT APPEAR IN THE FILM.

Last edited by ditcin; Oct 8, '08, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

I'll fallin' outta my chair!
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• SoulSinger
        Singer Of Mego Love
        • Oct 22, 2007

Wow. This is what it's all about. Thanks for the memories. YOU ROCK!

Bob

Comment

• ditcin
          Museum Patron
          • Sep 3, 2008

I'm continuing my foray into my collection that has been packed away for a long time. Here's an item for you "Apesters" that was not commercially produced but rather specially made for me by a friend's sister's boyfriend. He was a jewelers apprentice and I gave him instructions for this item. I don't remember what he made it out of, but it did cost me a bit for the time.
          - Scott B.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
            Removed.
            • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by ditcin
            I'm continuing my foray into my collection that has been packed away for a long time. Here's an item for you "Apesters" that was not commercially produced but rather specially made for me by a friend's sister's boyfriend. He was a jewelers apprentice and I gave him instructions for this item. I don't remember what he made it out of, but it did cost me a bit for the time.
            - Scott B.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...alphaomega.jpg
            Dude you could open a museum.
            Too bad you've decided to sell a lot of it. I don't know that I could ever part with mine. well, like my stepmother always says; "You gotta do what you gotta do."
            I hope you have arranged for the Mego Museum (and whatever other websites may apply) to get some detailed pics of all the stuff you have before it gets split up?
            Honestly, I think you deserve your own separate page/section in the MM.

Rich

Comment

• vulcan2074
              Live Long and Prosper
              • Mar 23, 2008

That Necklace is so Cool.
              Sammy

Comment

• ditcin
                Museum Patron
                • Sep 3, 2008

Hi,
                Everyone has been so great here since I blundered into this place. I wanted to let you guys know that it looks like I'll be posting my Ape costume that Mego made me up on ebay soon. I want to make sure I make it complete with extras. Since, I think more came to this posting than when I did one in the auction area for my other POTA stuff I figured I'd let you all know here - also because this is where I first posted the pics.
                If anyone has any questions you can PM me so no one gets ****ed over this post becoming a place for wrong posts.

- Scott B.

Comment

• ditcin
                  Museum Patron
                  • Sep 3, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've posted my costume on Ebay. It's a one and only and piece of MEGO history. But like other parts of my collection I have no choice.
                  Here is the Item #

..and here is the link...
                  PLANET OF THE APES MEGO "CORNELIUS" STORE PROMO COSTUME - eBay (item 320312679831 end time Oct-28-08 11:38:47 PDT)

I've also posted in the "Auction" area here but I know some of you come to this post so I thought I add the link.
                  - Scott B.

Comment

• censy
                    thread killer
                    • Sep 26, 2007

Hey Scott,

Best of luck with your auction.

Allow me to echo the comments of the other members, thank you for sharing pieces of your childhood with us. I am really blown away by how creative and resourceful you were. We're not only learning a little about you, but you’re probably reminding some of us of long forgotten adventures from our own childhood.

Thank you!

Chris

Comment

• ditcin
                      Museum Patron
                      • Sep 3, 2008

Two things I thought you all should know...

One: On the new POTA Blu-ray set Marty and his son are interviewed in a featurette on the toys made from the POTA films/series. They also show a lot of MEGO POTA commercial clips.

Two: Was anyone aware that the Catapult & Wagon set for POTA was produced with two different kinds of rocks? Most people have the plastic ones, but sponge rocks were produced as well. I remembered this when I was just given an interview for the MEGO stuff by a person from this MB.
                      - Scott B.

Comment

• mego73
                        Printed paperboard Tiger
                        • Aug 1, 2003

Sounds great! I am hoping these blu ray editions get released on regular DVD later on so I can see some of this new stuff.

[email protected]

Comment

• jessica
                          fortune favors the bold
                          • Nov 5, 2007

I just snagged the BluRay for $68.89 after Hasslein's post on the apes yahoo group...I don't have a BluRay player at the moment. I am just gunning for the book at this point because of the new eye apecandy that I have heard from the apevine.
                          Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• ditcin
                            Museum Patron
                            • Sep 3, 2008

Originally posted by mego73
                            Sounds great! I am hoping these blu ray editions get released on regular DVD later on so I can see some of this new stuff.
                            I'm sorry to say that thus these editions haven't been anounced for standard DVD. Of course this could be just a publicity ploy by FOX to give the Blu editions some space and create a sense of "gotta get it".

I'm hoping to post some screen captures from this blu release soon here on the MEGO STUFF.
                            Scott B.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ditcin
                              I'm sorry to say that thus these editions haven't been anounced for standard DVD. Of course this could be just a publicity ploy by FOX to give the Blu editions some space and create a sense of "gotta get it".

I'm hoping to post some screen captures from this blu release soon here on the MEGO STUFF.
                              Scott B.
                              this luddite would truly appreciate that Scott.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• mego73
                                Printed paperboard Tiger
                                • Aug 1, 2003

They will eventually put it out on DVD, they aren't going to cut out what is still the bigger market.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎