X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Figuremod73
    the 5200 was one of atari's many blunders when it could have and should have been a hit.
    It did have some really nice looking and sounding games. I believe it had a better sound chip than the 7800.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

its been a long time since i played a5200 to compare the sound. i think the 7800 had a better color palette though and was smoother. the technology of the two is about the same time period though... i know the atari xe computer is just about the same as a xl (and really not much stronger graphics wise than an 7800)
      were you around amigas and atari st computers back in the late 80s early 90s? i still wish i had one or both of these computers,lol

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Tweaking things a bit, back in the day I thought Jungle King/Hunt was Ok but mostly an afterthought. After getting to play it again on a cabinet it would probably make my top 5 and has given my Taito Legends PS2 disc more use than it's seen it some time.

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

I enjoy a good game of Galaga. I used to play it as a kid but was horrible at it...I think my game would last about 30 seconds. Now I can at least get a good quarter's worth of fun out of it.
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Figuremod73
            That 80's guy
            • Jul 27, 2011

one of the things i want if and ever i have the money is a nice size funroom. in it will not only have all the megos and toys i grew up with but at least a pinball machine, billards table, and a few dedicated cabinets with MAME machines. can dream cant i?

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Rad Racer for the NES. It's kinda like Pole Position but, you know, more rad and in 3-D.

Burger Time for the NES. Nice port. Looks good, sounds good, hard as heck.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

Rad racer is absolutely awesome. it would have done great as a arcade game. i think i like it better than outrun.
                newest game im into is outrun turbo on MAME. alsome graphics and challenging stages!

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

been getting into Smash TV lately. Its not totally a new game to me, i had played it a few times when it first came out and then forgot about it. Its a pretty intense game, i wish i had someone to play it along with.

Comment

• argent007
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 7, 2005

I bought the Sega Genesis collection for PS3. It has some of my favorites: Golden Axe, Columns and (to a lesser degree) Streets of Rage.

I also like the old X-Men arcade and TMNT arcade.

River Raid is awesome! Forgot about that one. I also like 1941 and 1942.

Anyone remember Star Raiders - Wikimedia Error That game was lots of fun. I remember playing that as a kid.
                    Last edited by argent007; Sep 24, '11, 11:35 PM.
                    My Updated Want List:
                    Comic book original art
                    1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
                    Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Figuremod73
                      been getting into Smash TV lately. Its not totally a new game to me, i had played it a few times when it first came out and then forgot about it. Its a pretty intense game, i wish i had someone to play it along with.
                      That game was beastly hard for a single player.

Originally posted by argent007

Anyone remember Star Raiders (Wikimedia Error That game was lots of fun. I remember playing that as a kid.
                      I actually have that game but haven't been able to play it yet because I still need to get the key pad thingie for it.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                        That 80's guy
                        • Jul 27, 2011

golden axe has always been a fav. i never did play the new one that came out a couple of years ago. i'll probably get around to it some time or another. havent played star raiders in a veeeery long time.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎