Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I have a lot of those retro compilations for new systems like the Namco Museum, Atari Greatest Hits and Intelivision Lives series and they are awesome. But I still want to play the vintage games on the vintage consoles. Playing emulated versions of them on my pc with a mouse and keyboard just isn't the same.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

i recently came across a system that plays nes, snes, and genesis. didnt know they made them...

Comment

• Den82
        Career Member
        • Jan 17, 2011

I got an NES 2 (Top Loader) at a yard sale a few weeks ago with a SNES and a few games for both systems. Whole box for $5. It is the only top loader I've seen in the wild for the 2, 3 years I've been collecting NES.

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

Originally posted by Den82
          I got an NES 2 (Top Loader) at a yard sale a few weeks ago with a SNES and a few games for both systems. Whole box for $5. It is the only top loader I've seen in the wild for the 2, 3 years I've been collecting NES.
          Evidently it is pretty rare. Back when that version was new I picked it up for the sole reason that a Nintendo Rep told me they removed the security lockout for playing some unlicensed and or overseas games, which I had quite a few of

also if you can find it, was an adapter that fit onto the top of a SNES. This allowed you to play regular NES games as well as Famicom and European carts (had 3 cartridge slots on the top). I have it here still on my SNES, I know it was called the "triple" something
          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
            I have a lot of those retro compilations for new systems like the Namco Museum, Atari Greatest Hits and Intelivision Lives series and they are awesome. But I still want to play the vintage games on the vintage consoles. Playing emulated versions of them on my pc with a mouse and keyboard just isn't the same.
            I know what you mean. it's like that with any Intellivision games. They can try but it's not the same without using their controllers. I can never figure out how to use the keypad feature on stuff like Intellivison Lives.

Comment

• MicromanZone
              Banned
              • Apr 26, 2011

As far as retro controllers go, there are cool USB Atari joysticks out there. The PC board in them can be used to even wire larger controllers; really cool stuff!
              Reflex Audio Systems Clear Classic USB Joystick

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

i really like that atari controller, i want it for stella and mame. its like 24 dollars.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎