X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Mego Superboy Prime
    Another funny thing about the Warrior is that my daughter (who is 6) loves him. We watch all the matches with him (I'm an 80's wrestling fan and I have all the matches). When she watched him in an interview she said, "whoa!" And I started to laugh because now she wants to meet him. But he's an old man now and she has no clue he looks so much different than he does back then. She runs all over the house running everywhere screaming the music and saying, Ultimate Worryyaaahhh!!! It's classic!! She does like Wrestlfest but she loves WWE All Stars due to the Warrior and the Road Warriors.
    that's awesome bro, she'd go crazy with my collection my son is only 18 months but he wrestles with his Warrior buddie all over the house Daddy's proud
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
      Career Member
      • Nov 27, 2009

Originally posted by toys2cool
      that's awesome bro, she'd go crazy with my collection my son is only 18 months but he wrestles with his Warrior buddie all over the house Daddy's proud
      Let's see some pics. Your site having some problems?

Do you have the LJN Warrior figure?
      If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Another funny thing about the Warrior is that my daughter (who is 6) loves him. We watch all the matches with him (I'm an 80's wrestling fan and I have all the matches). When she watched him in an interview she said, "whoa!" And I started to laugh because now she wants to meet him. But he's an old man now and she has no clue he looks so much different than he does back then. She runs all over the house running everywhere screaming the music and saying, Ultimate Worryyaaahhh!!! It's classic!! She does like Wrestlfest but she loves WWE All Stars due to the Warrior and the Road Warriors.
        She'd really go "whoa" if she met him now and he started going on and on about some of the wild things he talks about these days.

But Warrior in the 80's early 90's rocked.
        Last edited by ODBJBG; Apr 5, '11, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Let's see some pics. Your site having some problems?

Do you have the LJN Warrior figure?
          had a problem with the site and the company, something about copyrights and they shut it down

yeah I have the ljn figure ,2 actually

plus i have boxes of more stuff and doubles

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
            Career Member
            • Nov 27, 2009

Hey, that's cool. I like the way you put the arcade in the middle of it so you can get a fun experience with playing with your collection. Nice touch!

It must drive you crazy that all those rare variant Warrior figures are out now and go for so much on eBay by Jakks. I notice that Warrior himself sells them there, kinda funny and sad at the same time.

Do you have the WWF Superstars arcade game that came out before Wrestlefest? I have it also for my PC and I love when the Ultimate Warrior presses people in that and then he throws them so far, it looks cool. Plus it's where the game makers first started the cool animated look that they would develop further for Wrestlfest. Good stuff.
            If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
              Career Member
              • Nov 27, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
              She'd really go "whoa" if she met him now and he started going on and on about some of the wild things he talks about these days.

But Warrior in the 80's early 90's rocked.
              I know.

I always felt wrestling died with the introduction of the Undertaker and Survior Series. It just got a little more serious and then became a sex joke. Wrestling was at it's best from 1982-1992!! Those were days were the greatest!!!!

The Road Warriors
              Hulk Hogan
              Ric Flair
              Ultimate Warrior

These were the guys with the biggest impact on me. And it's because of them is the reason why I'm still in unbelievable shape! Actually 6 weeks into my lifting program and getting prepped for the summer....OH WHAT A RUSH!!!!

On a side note, it was finally great to see the Road Warriors inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. Warrior will never be in it, even though Vince wants him in there so bad. Warrior is many things but he has his integrity and won't crack for anyone. You gotta respect that.
              Last edited by Mego Superboy Prime; Apr 6, '11, 5:50 AM.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                Author of Small Things
                • Jun 14, 2001

I was always an NWA fan myself. I hated the Hulk Hogan era of WWF with a passion. All the goofy cartoon characters running around just rubbed me the wrong way. Harley Race, Ric Flair, pre-million dollar man Ted DiBiase, Bruiser Brody, those were my favorites.
                --
                Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• Brad
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Aug 20, 2010

Originally posted by JDeRouen
                  I was always an NWA fan myself. I hated the Hulk Hogan era of WWF with a passion. All the goofy cartoon characters running around just rubbed me the wrong way. Harley Race, Ric Flair, pre-million dollar man Ted DiBiase, Bruiser Brody, those were my favorites.
                  Loved the old NWA. Nikita Koloff, Gene-Lars-Ole Anderson, Ric Flair, Paul Orndorff, Tully Blanchard, Terry Funk, the Four Horsemen, etc.

Of course I am in the old AWA country. Watched it as a kid with my Dad. I still remember the matches held at Boylan Catholic High School and you could buy your tickets at Lafayette Electronics (along with CB radios) or Chris the Crazy Trader's!

By the early 1980s I started to lose interest. I was more concerned with chasing girls and partying!
                  "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• VintageMike
                    Permanent Member
                    • Dec 16, 2004

I still watch, but yeah I miss 80's wrestling, particularly the tag division. In addition to the Road Warriors between the WWF and NWA you had great teams like The British Bulldogs, The Hart Foundation, The Rockers, Demolition, Rock'n Roll Express, Midnight Express, The Fantastics, and Tully Blanchard/Arn Anderson. Plus the occasional "dream match" when a team would jump like Rockers vs. Tully/Arn in the WWF.
                    I also a big fan the 90's attitude era where you had Stone Cold, The Rock, Degeneration X and tag team resurgence with the Hardy Boyz, Dudleys and Edge/Christian.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                      Career Member
                      • Nov 27, 2009

God bless you that you can still watch. It's just too awful for me. I absolutely hated the attitude era. For me, after the Undertaker came along, wrestling went out the window.

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Hey, that's cool. I like the way you put the arcade in the middle of it so you can get a fun experience with playing with your collection. Nice touch!

It must drive you crazy that all those rare variant Warrior figures are out now and go for so much on eBay by Jakks. I notice that Warrior himself sells them there, kinda funny and sad at the same time.

Do you have the WWF Superstars arcade game that came out before Wrestlefest? I have it also for my PC and I love when the Ultimate Warrior presses people in that and then he throws them so far, it looks cool. Plus it's where the game makers first started the cool animated look that they would develop further for Wrestlfest. Good stuff.
                        thanx man..yeah it sucks to know I'll never have those rare figures cause I'll never pay what he's asking

I had a chance to buy the WWF superstars cheap but had no space...sucks cause I really wanted it

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎