• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

Originally posted by JDeRouen
    What is shovelware?
    What Werewolf said, pretty much. I always think of it as software publishers seeing a huge demand for titles, and shoveling any old crap out into the market to try to fulfill that need. The Wii is a perfect example of this... huge console seller, and most of the software for it is absolute garbage designed to cash in. A lot of the folks who bought the Wii are casual gamers/little kids/parents/grandparents who don't read game reviews and aren't super-sophisticated consumers of games, so they're the perfect target audience for "Barbie Fashion Horseback Riding Adventures into Stunning Boringdom 2009 Plus 1001 Bonus Minigames."

My friend picked up a Move controller tonight since he already had a PS3 camera, and we played a couple of the demos from the Playstation Store. At this point, it feels like all of the Move stuff is either tech demos or basically the same old thing the Wii gave us almost four years ago. I did like playing Table Tennis in Sports Challenge, and Badminton was fun, but it all just feels like a retread with HD graphics. I was picking on him for getting all excited over how cool Tumble is, because it's basically stacking up blocks, which you can do if you just buy a box of wooden blocks.

I'm pretty biased, though. I think motion control is a pretty shallow gimmick and I have little to no interest in Move or Kinect. I got rid of my Wii about three years ago and don't miss it at all.

FYI, Werewolf, I downloaded the patch for High Velocity Bowling and using it with the Move kind of sucked, especially if you're used to Wii Bowling. The velocity is all screwed up and hooking is darned near impossible. Not intuitive at all.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

^ D'oh I am waiting for my order to arrive. I think it is going to get better as far as the range of games available. I am looking forward to shooting. I have read that the move is far more responsive than the WII. Guess I will see soon.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by MegoSteve
        FYI, Werewolf, I downloaded the patch for High Velocity Bowling and using it with the Move kind of sucked, especially if you're used to Wii Bowling. The velocity is all screwed up and hooking is darned near impossible. Not intuitive at all.
        Bummer, I was hoping it would fix the control. Holding the DS3 on its side is really awkward. Never got into Wii Bowling. It never seemed to respond to what you were actually doing.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎