Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most important sci-fi prop in movie history?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

The most important sci-fi prop in movie history?

Recently on the Fire and Water Podcast network, we did a commentary on Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. I pointed out how the tubes with the red blinking lights on the Regula-1 space station were reused in Airplane II (with William Shatner), and on TNG. I had NO IDEA they were used in almost every sci-fi franchise EVER, some even predating TWOK (like Buck Rogers)! One of our listeners, Sontaron, posted this video! You won't believe where these things show up!

A podcast about movies old and new! Hosted by former video store employee Rob Kelly and a rotating cast of guests.
    sigpic
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

that is some creative recycling

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

BTW --- off topic, Weird how almost EVERBODY essential related to Airplane had nothing to do with Airplane ll

Airplane ll was basically a sequel studio cash-grab with the Zucker brothers and Jim Abrams not even envolved (from what I've read)

They didn't want anything to do with the project.

On reflection, have to admit --- in the end, the studio fooled me

Thought it was them guys

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Honestly Airplane! is the funniest movie of all time. Airplane II, with the Zucker brothers and Abrams not attached, was still pretty funny.

Now rabbit hole wise, these two are really interesting to spend some time on.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...lane-the-movie

Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Also check out The High and the Mighty for more Airplane! source material
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I'm listening to a rebroadcast Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Collossal Podcast with David Zucker right now. I had no idea they bought the rights to "Zero Hour" and it actually has the same plot (with the food poisoning and everything).

I never knew the Zuckers and Abrams weren't involved in II either. It's not as good as the first movie, but still pretty funny as I recall.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Neat! Never noticed that before.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Also check out The High and the Mighty for more Airplane! source material
                “I am serious and don’t call me Marion”. John Wayne’s real name was Marion Michael Morrison.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎