The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thunderbirds vrs Captain Scarlet --- who do you like better ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris71
    GeekBot' For Life
    • May 13, 2007

I liked terrahawks show but i think thunderbirds and sting ray were definately the best coolest ships and charcters and I love the over sized head style, I use it in my designs and characters still today
    Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• Surfsup
      Silver Chrome Dome
      • Dec 2, 2005

I loved Thunderbirds as a kid and still do. I can sit down now and watch episodes and enjoy every second. The intro has to be one of the best ever IMO, it that doesn't grab you then nothing will.

I liked Terrahawks for one reason and that was the Zeroids, it gave the show some much needed humour.

Comment

• phil
        Persistent Member
        • May 11, 2007

I have the Secret Service on DVD and it is kind of a strange show but it is
        fun and has the usual charm of Anderson's Supermarionation shows. Watching
        it in French must have been interesting.

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Well, since I've only seen Thunderbird Are Go! & Thunderbird 6, I gotta go w/ Captain Scarlet. I never saw any of Gerry Anderson's puppet shows until the Sci-Fi channel ran them in '92. I remember showing it to a kid I babysat and he asked me why were the action figures on TV? (He used to play w/ my 12" GIJoes). They do look more like action figures than puppets which is probably why I like them. But out of all the puppet shows, Stingray is my fave. I like the stories better, and Troy Tempest is a really likable type of hero. My class even likes them. And since a kid named Marina used to go to my school, I used to sing that ending theme to her. I even have 3 Stingray figures: Commander Shore, Troy Tempest and Marina.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody ever see this old Peter Cook sketch ?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

m

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Moore and Cook are completely awesome.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

Thunderbirds is my favourite and holds a lot of nostalgia for me. Captain Scarlett was a pretty cool show, but it is the space crafts/ships/vehicles that Make Thunderbirds top dog. They had great merchandise too. I am currently collecting T 1-5 plus fab 1 made by JR 21 Rosenthal. I think Mego would have been well suited to both these shows, what a shame.

Clem...

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                  Pat Troughton in disguise
                  • Nov 21, 2007

Definately Captain Scarlet.......the spv was one of my favourite vehicles in all anderson tv.The stories were much more adult and there was a sense of continuation unlike the "rescue of the week" format of Thunderbirds....not that i'm knocking Thunderbirds as it too was a great show...especially the alligator and sun probe episodes.
                  The names of the Tracy brothers were after the first 5 Americans in space, Troy Tempest was modelled on James Garner and the voice of Captain Scarlet was based on Cary Grant.
                  ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

Fowl!!!

Both shows are great and they are too different to compare.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                      Pat Troughton in disguise
                      • Nov 21, 2007

Good call phil
                      agree with you
                      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• phil
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 11, 2007

Sorry I didn't spell "foul" correctly. To quotes a great American, "Doh"!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎