X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Is Sutek the devil ?

Was just watching Pyramids of Mars last night ...

I haven't seen it in ages .....

All things seem to point that Sutek is the same being from The Impossible Planet ... Even Tom refered to Sutek as the devil

Hell, even the voice actor was the same guy for both stories

So,

Is Sutek the devil from Impossible Planet ?
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

No he is not...simple answer.

Please ask if you want the non simple answer...lol
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

I have no clue what you guys are actually talking about...but from simply reading
      your posts, this reminds me of the White Witch/Emerald Witch connection from the
      Narnia Chronicles.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        • Nov 21, 2007

There is a very funny Documentry on the dvd about a day in the life of Sutek
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• monkey tennis
          "Kiss my face."
          • Jun 8, 2007

What's the Non Simple answer Roger ?
          "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by monkey tennis
            What's the Non Simple answer Roger ?
            I'd like to know too .....

Off the top of my head I can come up with one .....

The devil from the Impossible Planet was imprisoned long before Sutek was doing his evil deeds.

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I think in the Doctor Who setting there isn't "A Devil." I think there are a large number of primordial beings that sort of fill that role; but aren't the actual embodiment of universal evil. More like little bits of it.... Same thing, I don't think there's "A God;" but are instead a number of primordial beings dedicated to the cause of good. (Like the White Guardian.)

Don C.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                • Nov 21, 2007

Ok the non simple answer..
                Throughout the Doctor's adventures we have seen many Devil/Satan like creatures or aliens that have been God like or attributed to the occult...The Fendhal,The Daemons, Sutek, the Beast, the Eternals, Vampires, the Guardians, the Celestial Toymaker, Chronos, Mandrogora, the Mara, the Gods of ragnarok, Fenric (there are proberly more but thats it off the top of my head), these have all been taken from mythological or different cultures ideas of powerful gods or demons including Satan.
                Most of them have an explanation of themselves or their "backstory" in the episodes. With Sutek it was the race of Osirens who chased and battled Sutek (the destroyer)...based on the anciant egyption gods (osirens visiting ancient egypt and becoming Gods to the indiginous population), and eventually trapping him on earth/mars. The great beast has been there for sooo long even the Doctor's translating "gift" will not translate the writing in the base...meaning it is an dead language from before time and not even the Timelords were aware of it's existance. The Osirens were known by the Timelords as their existance on Earth is in a set time...ie...ancient egypt. Also the Doctor eliminates Sutek by sending him 70,000 years into the future to age to death.
                It is interesting to note however that a majority of the aliens/gods i've listed above consider Timelords to be insignificant as a powerful race...many of them are feared by the Timelords and noticably give the Doctor the shivers too as he knows how very, very powerfuyl they are.
                Hope that satisfies you guys

Comment

• monkey tennis
                  "Kiss my face."
                  • Jun 8, 2007

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                  The Osirens were known by the Timelords
                  I always hated The Osirens

Thanks Roger.
                  "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                    • Nov 21, 2007

Which one was Horus?...lol...or where they all TOO good

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Did you see the extra on the DVD that had an interview with "Sutek", 25 years after the episode? "Whatever happened to Sutek"? It's hilarious. In it, he says he's no longer a megalomaniac monster, but is now well-integrated in society, and is all for love and peace. He even has a pet bunny rabbit, which he has called Neal. He just loves calling for it: Neal! Néal! NEAL!!! (before the might of....)

They should get him to run for the Democrats. That would clinch it in a day or two...
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                        • Nov 21, 2007

yeah mentioned it earlier in the post...it's great

Comment

• Seeker
                          Neptunians RULE!
                          • Feb 20, 2008

Yeah I heard Sutek became a Walmart People Greeter. Good for him I say.
                          Lo there do I see my Father.
                          Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                          Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                          Lo they do call me.
                          They bid me take my place among them.
                          In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎