X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

Planet Of The Apes: TCM Big Screen Event

I didn't hear anything about this, we came upon it by accident today.

We went to go and see Star Trek this afternoon and saw that the original Planet Of The Apes was playing at 2:00 & 7:00 PM (as a TCM Fathom Events Special Engagement).

We held off on Star Trek, and took advantage of this event. What an awesome and unexpected treat!

Anyone else get to see this?

My understanding is that it will be shown again this Wednesday (2:00 & 7:00 PM also). I highly recommend it to all POTA fans who have the chance.

Awesome day!
    Last edited by Dark Shadow; Jul 24, '16, 10:14 PM.
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

I posted about this a while back: http://megomuseum.com/community/show...n-a-big-screen!

No one seemed to care… hahaha! I went today (a whole audience of four) and the theatre had technical difficulties cancelling the screening. Got a refund and a pass; maybe I'll try again on Wednesday. :/

Comment

• Dark Shadow
      Creature Of The Night
      • May 14, 2011

Our screening started late (about 15 minutes).

The lights went down, all that could be seen on the screen is what appeared to be "Windows" tabs across the bottom. Lights came back up for a few, then went back down and the program started and played through completely without any further complications.

It was great to see. Hope you get to take advantage of Wednesday night.

(Sorry, didn't catch you original thread!)

About 40 in our theater.

Comment

• phil
        Persistent Member
        • May 11, 2007

I knew about this but couldn't go yesterday. I hope to get to one of the showings on Wednesday.

Comment

• SKotK
          Career Member
          • Mar 11, 2014

Just bought my tickets to see this Wednesday in the Portland, OR area. Good one to see on the big screen.

--SKot
          Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Apjac Corny
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jan 12, 2016

Thanks for the reminder, I'm hoping to take my niece on Wednesday. She's really into special effects make-up and I think this is a must see for her. She's 13 and has no idea about the ending. Hopefully I can keep blinders on her until then but it's pretty hard when they spoil the movie on the poster and the website.

Comment

• Z-man 307
              Museum Super Collector
              • Mar 15, 2010

Went to see it yesterday. 15 or so people in the theater and it went off without any problems. There's a segment before the movie starts with Ben Mankiewicz from TCM interviewing Dr. Zaius (Dana Gould) that was super entertaining!

Comment

• ClaudeAtlas
                • Jun 10, 2015

Caught a viewing last minute on sunday- without fault or technical difficulty. great to experience on the big screen!! headcount had maybe 2 dozen in the audience?! but seeing some young adults was encouraging..

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

Knew about it from an egroup I'm on, but it wasn't in my immediate area (not that I was aware of anyway), so I missed out on it...

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

...so envious of the opportunity and the experience....

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                      Creature Of The Night
                      • May 14, 2011

Sorry to hear about those who couldn't make it. I would've missed out if it wasn't for blind luck.

I think they should do more to promote these events and bring them into more areas than they do. They tend to hit the major urban areas which generally have a tremendous amount of entertainment options while they overlook the suburban/rural population which tend to have less options. Just seems to make better business sense to me, but what do I know? I would think that having even just 10 people in a theater is better than an empty theater, and there seems to be plenty of those throughout the week (esp. Wed & Thu afternoon/evenings) in non-metropolitan areas.

Comment

• Apjac Corny
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jan 12, 2016

Just got back from a screening and it was awesome! The ending totally caught my niece by surprise which was really cool to see.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Just got back, too--so much fun. I've seen it probably 30 times and still love it, it was great on the big screen. Makes me want to return to POTA customs, too. Ben Mankiewicz mentioned Megos in his commentary, too.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                            Creature Of The Night
                            • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Apjac Corny
                            Just got back from a screening and it was awesome! The ending totally caught my niece by surprise which was really cool to see.
                            That's very cool to hear. What did she think about the makeup?
                            Last edited by Dark Shadow; Jul 27, '16, 9:53 PM.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                              Creature Of The Night
                              • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Just got back, too--so much fun. I've seen it probably 30 times and still love it, it was great on the big screen. Makes me want to return to POTA customs, too. Ben Mankiewicz mentioned Megos in his commentary, too.
                              I caught that reference too...made me smile.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎