X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Imagining a Movie Era Trek Reboot

I was watching an Amazon Echo commercial the other day, and it occurred to me: Alec Baldwin is starting to remind me of William Shatner. This got me thinking of MIkey's discussion, and this crazy idea...

Suppose they decided to just recast and put seasoned actors into the maroon uniforms in the roles of movie-era Kirk, Spock, McCoy, etc. and just continue their story. Would you love it or hate it? And who would you cast? I have a couple more ideas for the crew, but I'm wondering who you guys come up with...
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Well, Gary Sinise is a no brainer for McCoy.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      Well, Gary Sinise is a no brainer for McCoy.
      No argument there...I've said that for years.
      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Matt Damon is also a clear choice for Kirk.
        sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Ok... didn't get as much discussion on this one as I hoped. But regardless, here we go...

James T Kirk: Alec Baldwin

Baldwin can do both the gravitas of Kirk in Wrath of Khan, and the ridiculousness of Kirk in STV (Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain, indeed).

Spock: Gary Oldman

Toughest pick for me. But Oldman is a great actor, a great chameleon... and has a face with a lot of character, just like Nimoy.

Dr. McCoy: Gary Sinise

Sad to say I didn't think of this one... but I know a good idea to steal when I see one.

Mr. Scott: Robbie Coltrane

Scottish, heavy-set, and comfortable in blockbuster franchises... just give him a mustache and some technical journals.

Uhura: Robin Givens

Ok, probably my biggest reach, since she is far from a bankable commodity anymore... but I always thought that she was talented, and has aged well.

Sulu: Hiroyuki Sanada

He has been great in a ton of stuff, but definitely not a household name.

Chekov: David Duchovny

Sure, he's not Russian... but I see a lot of Koenig in him. Combine his dry delivery with a few "wessels", and he could be a great Chekov.

Comment

• LordMudd
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 22, 2011

Just as long as she does the fan dance....

CCC.

Comment

• rykerw1701
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 27, 2007

Some excellent ideas for casting there. A bit pricey I suspect, but fun to think about. At one point I'd heard the new series was going to be set in the TOS movie era, but that was just a rumor. I'd love to see more done in there, but I think I'd prefer new characters.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new series, assuming I pony up the cash to CBS for their streaming service.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎