X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Hanuman and the Five Riders

saw the most bizarre thing tonight as a big screen movie at a local indy cinema. A Thai movie bootlegging Kamen Rider footage into a crossover film with the Thai character Hanuman, with "What's Up Tiger Lily" style subtitles and additional home-made footage spliced in. Definitely a bizarre combo.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

it's the unofficial follow up to this Hunaman and the 7 Ultramen, and even plunders the Hunaman origin footage from this movie.

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

this film showed up a while back on "the internet". Amazing sutff and many scenes def not for kids (to give a quote)

As with other movies by Sands' company, Chaiyo Productions, there is a considerable amount of traditionally obscene content (by 'Murrican standards), such as nipples, decapitations, kids getting shot, people getting ****ed in the face, etc. despite this being a children's film.
      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Damn, wish I could have made this one! When we saw the trailer at the theatre a couple weeks ago it looked fantastic!

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
          Damn, wish I could have made this one! When we saw the trailer at the theatre a couple weeks ago it looked fantastic!
          Fantastic isn't the word. The showrunners altered the film and added their own comedy subtitles and lame extra scenes, which to be honest kind of bugged me. The movie was a trip without hipsters but i still had a lot of fun.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Wow I didn't know that, I'm sure there was no real need for them to "improve" the film. Damn hipsters!

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
              Wow I didn't know that, I'm sure there was no real need for them to "improve" the film. Damn hipsters!
              Neither did I, I mildly understood the sub titles but the new scenes were just kind of...self indulgent.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
                Fantastic isn't the word. The showrunners altered the film and added their own comedy subtitles and lame extra scenes, which to be honest kind of bugged me. The movie was a trip without hipsters but i still had a lot of fun.
                They pretty much had one joke and ran it into the ground early and then kept going with it. It's not so much that they subtitled it that bothered me, but looking at the actual film online, it is irritating to me that they altered it... shuffling stuff around etc.

Although I guess they were TRYING to be true to the original gonzo concept that the Thai filmmaker stole footage and turned it into something else. Would have preferred that they left the artifact intact... it was strange enough as is, and any addition is just trying way too hard.
                Last edited by samurainoir; Jun 10, '16, 1:28 AM.

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by samurainoir
                  They pretty much had one joke and ran it into the ground early and then kept going with it. It's not so much that they subtitled it that bothered me, but looking at the actual film online, it is irritating to me that they altered it... shuffling stuff around etc.

Although I guess they were TRYING to be true to the original gonzo concept that the Thai filmmaker stole footage and turned it into something else. Would have preferred that they left the artifact intact... it was strange enough as is, and any addition is just trying way too hard.

Yeah, exactly, they were making it about them and I think that's the part that bothered me.

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

^^ That's generally the problem with genuine camp vs. planned camp -- the first season of '66 Batman, the 1980 Flash Gordon , Super Infra-Man are wonderful, fun, goofy films that are funny and exciting and entertaining. Something like half the movies on SyFy >cough< Sharknado >cough, cough< try to be campy more to show everyone they're tool cool for the material and then use the "We all know this is goofy crap" approach in an attempt to spackle over all the low budget and poor quality and low creativity issues of the movie. As if winking and laughing at it yourself because it's awful excuses the awful.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎