X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Bionic Woman ( 2007)

Am I the only one who enjoyed this show?

• Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

...Yes

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Are those Klingon boots?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

You were the only one. I'm not sure what you liked about it, but the rest of us were very disappointed with it!

Comment

• knight errant00
          8 Inch Action Figure
          • Nov 15, 2005

Yes, you were.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Yeah, I was hoping for more from the show.
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

It seems the producers didn't even watch one episode of the original series.

If they had they'd realize the Bionic Woman was not about a bionic woman.

It was about an incredibly likable person who just happened to be bionic.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

That 2007 depiction seem to be the very antithesis of what most of us who knew the character to be. I think what has always been lost on those wanting to explore rebooting the bionic series (either in film or on TV) is just how critical charisma and relate-able qualities played in the lead role. These were people you felt like you knew. Lee Majors had tons of swagger but also a "awe shucks" kind of humbleness about him that made him so enduring. And Lindsay Wagoner was everyone's favorite girl-next-door hero who Lee had the classic childhood crush and ultimate life long love for. You can't toss that out and pretend like those who grew up with those shows can just follow a reboot for the sci-fi aspect. Without an investment in the characters, no one really would have cared about the sci-fi qualities of the premise. The human element fighting against the machines of technology has always been a prominent theme in those series and actually what inspired the Terminator movies. I found the Bionic Woman reboot to be lifeless and very formulated. The studio seem to almost be ashamed of the original series so they tried to do everything opposite of that show. The results speak for themselves.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎