Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

You mean Jon Snow's sword is made of rubber?

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Wow, that was one helluva season finale...it started with a BANG...

Just as satisfying as Battle of the Bast*rds...
      sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

great episode. cannot believe the death count

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Ugh, I have out of town company so I was forbidden to watch it until Tuesday (we get together with our neighbour to watch GoT)

However, I did happen to flip by more than once and spoil the show for myself a little. .

I want to high five Arya.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

SPOILERS

Delighted to see the massive turnover in King's Landing, and I loved the tone of how that scene developed. I have nothing against Margery, but her time was definitely up from a story line perspective. Even more delighted to see Dany and Co on their way to Westeros. Jon being named KotN fell kinda flat for me, it was a lot more effective when the proud Stark banner men declared for Robb, than when these slugs who wouldn't answer the call now back the winning side. And obviously we're being set up for more annoying Sansa/Jon "conflict" as Balish whispers in her ear..

And now, we wait 10 months..

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

I want to high five Arya.
              I thought the same thing. that was a loooong time coming.

Comment

• gummi
                Career Member
                • Dec 2, 2009

I can't believe season 6 is over already. I'm counting the minutes until next April, it's going to be amazing!
                "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                  valar morghulis
                  • Mar 8, 2005

One thing I was wondering about - Sansa and Jon have been reunited for awhile now.. has there been even one conversation about trying to find Arya and Bran? I know Brienne told Sansa about running into Arya, but that's been the sum total of the topic, I think..

Bran, especially being disabled and so vulnerable, you'd think it would be a top priority trying to find him..

Guess it's a moot point, with Bran at the wall and relatively near to Winterfell now.. I'm sure there'll be a S7 reunion..
                  Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Jun 28, '16, 9:22 AM.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Wow, just wow. One of the best season finales ever, that was epic! And it was awesome to see R + L = J finally being confirmed in the Tower of Joy scene!

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                      valar morghulis
                      • Mar 8, 2005

Interesting bit from Sam's intro to the Citadel library:

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
                        Supporter of Silliness
                        • Jun 20, 2007

So, after the bat-guano craziness that was the end of GOT Season 6, we’ve got a long 10 months of speculation before it all starts up again. I’ve given it some early thoughts, and I’d like to see the following plotlines incorporated during Season 7 to tie up loose ends and advance the storyline of all of Westeros heading north to battle the Night King in Season 8.

Jorah Mormont
                        When we last saw him, Daenerys explicitly ordered him to find a cure for his greyscale. Jorah spends the entirety of the season fighting with insurance companies to cover the cost of his ointments from CVS. Basically, each week he waits for another raven to come in from the insurance carrier asking him to fill out another form in triplicate. Hilarity ensues. Eventually, he discovers that his ailment is covered up north of the Wall and journeys there in search of free healthcare.

More Mormonts
                        Lady Lyanna Mormont (a.k.a. “Little Bear”) spends the first half of the season artfully shaming everyone in the North, the Riverlands, and the Vale for not backing Jon Snow. They all buckle under quickly because . . . well, she’s pretty good at it. Little Bear decides to capitalize on her shame tour by doubling up and selling Girl Scout cookies at the same time. Turns out the Mountain has an insatiable appetite for Thin Mints and abandons Cersei on the false promises of cases of Thin Mints north of the Wall.

Sam Gets Giddy
                        Now that he’s in the Citadel at Oldtown, working to become a Maester, he’s going to be spending a lot of time in the library. Eventually, he discovers the Children of the Forest Erotica section and loses himself for the next 60 years catching up on all their exploits with naked trees and mossy surfaces. Gilly and Lil’ Sam ditch him for a ride on Euron Greyjoy’s armada.

Stark Comedy
                        Arya starts her own prank television show where she uses her training from the House of Black and White to impersonate royalty across the seven kingdoms. Bran gets wind of what’s going on and holes up under a weirwood tree for a couple of years going back in time to watch Arya punk the likes of Littlefinger. Because of this, he totally misses the entire wight invasion. Please, no spoilers for Bran, he’ll watch the wight wars when he finds a new tree to hang out under in season 8.

Even if the writers can’t incorporate some of these storylines, I’d be up for a couple of these spinoff series:

Daario Speedwagon
                        A dejected, lovelorn Daario lets himself go so badly he can only be dragged in a cart behind horses. He travels throughout Essos trying to pick up easy Dothraki chicks and reminisces about the good old days when he put the "D" in Daenerys.

Tormund and Brienne
                        It’s the Westeros version of Will and Grace!

Wining Aloud
                        Olenna and Tyrion star in their own weekly talk show where they drink and pretty much just insult everyone. They invite new guests every week, so they can do it to their faces. Bronn is the moderator and joins in on the fun from time-to-time. (I would give all the money I have in the world to watch this show, for realz.)

Castaway Gendry
                        Turns out Gendry got lost on his rowboat on the way to King’s Landing a couple of seasons ago. He’s been spending all this time on a remote island south of Dorne. Early on, a giant sand dollar washed up on shore and he named it Hot Pie. It’s his only friend on the entire island.

On a side note, I may have an overactive imagination and little too much time on my hands. Or, I should change up some meds.
                        Last edited by Donkey Hoatie; Jun 28, '16, 9:27 PM. Reason: thought of another spinoff

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                          valar morghulis
                          • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Donkey Hoatie
                          Tormund and Brienne It’s the Westeros version of Will and Grace!
                          Good call on that one!

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

I'm still trying to process everything I saw, but man, the scene where Davos confronts Melisandre over the death of Shireen was powerful. Davos is a great character, and the actor portraying him does a terrific job.

Comment

• ZMOQ
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jun 1, 2010

Any book readers here? Just wondering what people think of the books compared to the TV series.

Just my personal opinion, the first 3 books are GREAT. If you liked the TV show, the first 3 books are a richer experience, since the reader can see what's going on in the character's heads. BUT... with book 4 (A Feast for Crows) I think George RR Martin must've lost his way. It has so many dead-ends, and Brienne's search for Sansa was just so pointless. She doesn't even find Sansa by the end of the book. Iron Islands... complete zzzzzzzz. There's more than one Iron Uncle and they spend forever to not really do anything or go anywhere.

Book 5 (A Dance With Dragons) is better, but the Dany in Meereen chapters are a slog to go through. Tyrion wanders around Essos, and gets captured by slavers and DOESN'T HOOK UP WITH DAENERYS. There's a lot of spin about a Young Griff who might be Prince Rhaegar's son Aegon... maybe? Then, in Dorne, another Prince (Quentyn, not Tristane) goers off to court Dany only to get roasted by a dragon. *sigh* wasted chapters... lots of them. At least the Reek chapters are a good read.

It might be a good thing that both books were drastically trimmed and became Season 5 of Game of Thrones.

Season 6... mind-blowing. Especially how quickly-paced it is. All that Iron Islands crap was pared down to... Psycho Iron Uncle shows up. Kills Lord Balon. Yara loses Kingsmoot to him. Theon and Yara hightail outta there. They go to Volantis for a pit stop and (quickly) get to Dany and make an alliance. Done!

I also thoroughly enjoyed how the Frey Pies were worked into the show, with the big payoff of Arya slitting Lord Walder Frey's throat. In the books, it was more leisurely paced with Frey Pies by Lord Manderly but no murdered Lord Frey or Arya doing the deed.

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

I enjoyed it myself.

The one thing I didn't like was Tommen's suicide after he saw that the Sept was blown to smithereens by his shortsighted mother. Sure, she got rid of the High Sparrow, and all of his supporters; but she also took out her daughter in law and uncle. Not to mention all of the people in the neighborhood that were simply trying to live their lives.

Crazy cow.

I hope that Cersei bites the big one next season. She damages everything she touches, and doesn't feel the slightest bit of remorse for it.

I'm simply of two minds as to who gets to do the deed. Jamie, Tyrion, Arya, or one of her many, MANY enemies in King's Landing.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎