• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
    ******SPOILERS**********

I hate that the show made you love Ian McShane so much, then instantly kill him. That was a dirty trick bringing in a big name for essentially a cameo.
    SPOILERS

I felt like I was in another world watching the Hound stand there at an LPMSA (Looting, Pillaging, Murdering Soldiers Anonymous) meeting

So glad to have the Hound back, he's such a great character and played so perfectly by Rory McCann..

Such a weird dynamic watching Sansa and Jon try to re-establish House Stark's rule over the north, just makes you realize again how much they've lost. Great line from 10yo Lady Mormont to Sansa, “Lady Sansa is a Bolton — or is she a Lannister? I've heard conflicting reports.”
    Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Jun 6, '16, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      E
      R
      S
      !

I imagine next week will see the Hound using his new found calmness to carefully explain his feelings to the bannerless men and have them see the error in their ways. #newleaf

PS Aria Stark obviously wasn't paying attention in assassin school.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

S
        P
        O
        I
        L
        E
        R
        S
        !

I imagine next week will see the Hound using his new found calmness to carefully explain his feelings to the bannerless men and have them see the error in their ways. #newleaf

PS Aria Stark obviously wasn't paying attention in assassin school.
        SPOILERS...

Yes...Aria made a big boo boo...as soon as saw that old woman approach her...I immediately knew who it really was...

I had a mini geek heart attack when I first saw the Hound before the opening credits, lol...
        sigpic

Comment

• cockyhoskins
          Career Member
          • Jan 13, 2009

I think Arya has a plan. She put the gold out there to spread word of her whereabouts and then calmly hung out on a bridge.

Unless that other theory is true, and...

SPOILERS

Arya and the Waif are the same person, and this fight is about her "girl" personality killing her "Arya" personality. Or vice versa.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
            S
            P
            O
            I
            L
            E
            R
            S

Arya and the Waif are the same person, and this fight is about her "girl" personality killing her "Arya" personality. Or vice versa.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I can't figure out who I'd like to see die first Ramsey Bolton or the Sparrow.
              Spoilers...

Never wanted a character to die so badly (and painfully) as much as Ramsey Bolton.

Having said that...I think the beginning of the end for the Sparrows is coming first...Mountain is going to dispose of at least a few of those boys...then the High Sparrow will get his...but the conflict with the young brainwashed (and intimidated) Tommen must be resolved first...I don't know how is that going to be accomplished...as evil as Cersei is...she does love her son. Margaery is the key here...
              sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Another interesting theory I saw...

S
                P
                O
                I
                L
                E
                R
                S

The person who got stabbed was not Arya, but rather Jaqen H'ghar wearing her face.
                He still owes Arya his life, and it would explain why she suddenly went from hiding in a corner to making a very public display.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 13, 2009

Ooh, that's interesting too!

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel

S
                    P
                    O
                    I
                    L
                    E
                    R
                    S

The person who got stabbed was not Arya, but rather Jaqen H'ghar wearing her face.
                    He still owes Arya his life, and it would explain why she suddenly went from hiding in a corner to making a very public display.
                    SPOILERS...

Wow...now that would be awesome!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

i think Tommen is doomed to die a horrible death. which is sad because he is a good person, unlike the rest of his family. Margery will probably be the one to do it too. I think we are also looking at a battle between the hound and the mountain coming up. now that will be epic!

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Tommen is indeed a nice lad...but unfortunately for him...he was next in line for the throne. He's not wired to rule...he's a weak King...easily manipulated...he's now basically the High Sparrow's puppet.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          I think we are also looking at a battle between the hound and the mountain coming up. now that will be epic!
                          Man, that would be the most awesome thing ever...hell yeah...

I love Brienne...and she's a great warrior...not to be messed with...I'd take her to kick arse over most...however...the reason she beat the Hound was because he was injured, spent, and starving. Had he been 100%...he would've beaten her. Brienne is about power, her size and strength wins the days for her...the Hound just happens to be a bigger and stronger version of Brienne. Having said that...I'd take a prime Jaime over both of them. However...if there were to be an all out Battle Royale...my money would go to Drogo...I think he was a stud and the ultimate baddarze...I hated the way he died...via mercy pillow instead on the battlefield...fighting a dozen soldiers at the same time...going out swinging.

Nah, not impressed by Oberyn, he was an idiot, lol...
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                            I think we are also looking at a battle between the hound and the mountain coming up. now that will be epic!
                            SPOILERS...

From the novel A Song of Ice and Fire...Valonqar/Theories:

"In her youth Cersei Lannister received a prophecy from Maggy the frog that she would die at the hands of the "Valonqar", which is the word for "little brother" in High Valyrian."

No one person has been confirmed to fill this role (GOT); given the circumstances, it could refer to anyone who is a younger sibling.

That falls in line with Maggie the frog'sp prophecy. She said Cersei would be killed by a brother. She didn't mean Jamie or Tyrion. The trial by combat she will demand will end up pitting The Mountain against The Hound who are brothers. The Mountain will lose and Cersei will die...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

SPOILERS...

Will Jon Snow (Ice) and Daenerys Targaryen (Fire) ever meet?

I think they eventually will, either clash or team up...but I think they will...they must. Some have speculated that they might even be related.

During the first season, I thought Ned Stark was going to be the continuing lead character, but we all know how that turned out.

Now it's definitely Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen.

Who will win the Game of Thrones?

Ice or Fire?

White Walkers vs Dragons?

WHAT???

I can't wait...

sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                                Duke of Gloat
                                • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by sprytel

S
                                P
                                O
                                I
                                L
                                E
                                R
                                S

Yeah, I've heard that theory bandied about, I definitely believe that all was not truly as we were shown in that sequence.

Cool to see the hound back, and the Blackfish!

And Coldhands! He's being introduced in the show later than he was in the books, but it does seem that my suspicion that he was really Benjen Stark is correct (even though Martin always denied it, either he was lying or the show is going it's own way).

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎