X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

A Witch's Familiar Comments With Spoilers

I think part of my inability to completely hook into last weeks episode was that I just couldn't buy them killing Davros. I was really afraid that they'd find a lame way to allow him to live and it would ruin a great setup.

I will admit my fears were wrong.

Sure Davros lived, but if he was going to live they found the right way to do it. I loved Missy, loved the scenes with the Doc and Davros, I just loved the whole thing.

We have a local theater that shows episodes live and it was fantastic to see both of these episodes with a live audience. What a start to the season!
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living
  • JRT!
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 6, 2015

Not seen The Witch's Familiar,which is the title btw,just yet. We don't get DW in this country as it's a kinda backwards country that doesn't follow the times very well. WAY to slow in that regard. But I'll see it later today as I have other ways of watching whatever I want,lol. Seems the majority so far really liked it though,and since I love spoilers I know exactly what happens. Next week's episode looks like fun too.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I was in for most of it, enjoyed the Missy/Clara back and forth and the Davros thing hooked me, I'll admit.

I really have just one thing I can't abide:

if the show truly has abandoned the sonic for a pair of magic sunglasses, i'm not on board.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Godzilla
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 3, 2002

Just based on merchandising of the screwdrivers, I can't imagine it will be gone to long.
        Mortui Vivos Docent

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

I'm hoping it means that Twelve will get his OWN version of the sonic (again, good for marketing) instead of having to use basically a recycled version of Eleven's.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Godzilla
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 3, 2002

I think I've read comments somewhere that he wasn't thrilled with inheriting Smith's console room and not getting his own. A redesigned screwdriver would make sense.
            Mortui Vivos Docent

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Godzilla
              I think I've read comments somewhere that he wasn't thrilled with inheriting Smith's console room and not getting his own. A redesigned screwdriver would make sense.
              Even though it was redesigned during Matt Smith's run as The Doctor, I think the more streamlined and spartan control room of the TARDIS actually matches Twelve's personality better than it matched Eleven. They just need to find a way to incorporate some of that design work into Twelve's screwdriver. I think it should be perhaps a bit smaller in overall size and, since he made some observation regarding it rolling away back in "Deep Breath," perhaps it should have a slightly more squared off shape.
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I read some really interesting material about the new season, apparently Capaldi didn't like the "professor" vibe he gave off last year and feels more like an aging punk. He also wants the Doctor's look to be able to emulated by children from a low income household so nobody is excluded, so he is incorporating a more "Street Clothes" look. This may explain the Sonic Sunglasses, as any child would have such a thing. I still don't like it but.....
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Capaldi definitely seems to be playing the role a little different so far. I am liking the season, and the doctor, much better than last season, so far

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    Capaldi definitely seems to be playing the role a little different so far. I am liking the season, and the doctor, much better than last season, so far
                    I think that now, with a season between himself and Matt Smith, Capaldi (and hopefully Moffat) has/have realized that they no longer need to stay in Eleven's shadow. Twelve is rapidly becoming one of my favorite regenerations of The Doctor. And Missy was fantastic in the two-parter; I could easily see Michelle Gomex playing a damn fine Doctor had they decided to go with a female regeneration. I just wonder what she's got up her sleeve with the Daleks...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎