Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I was thinking it was the Tardis from the tele-film as well.

Powerful stuff. Given the last two episodes, I guess the 11th Doctor has now had the longest run of any of his predecessors, as far as years go?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I enjoyed the season much more than I did last year and will revisit it very shortly. I was beginning to worry where the "Me" storyline was going but it worked.

As for the last episode, I'm sorta glad it wasn't all about Galifrey. I don't miss the Time Lords being there so much, it's the one place where the Doctor is kind of boring.

It wasn't as strong as the previous show but again, it was nice that it was a smaller, more personal episode than an "end of the universe" thing that everyone has grown so fatigued off. Another showcase of a great actor, very nice.

Amazing how they updated the Hartnell Tardis so flawlessly and made it cool. The ending was also fantastic, it was almost as if the Doctor was in a depression all season and is now back.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Gadgeteer
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 16, 2014

Last season had a few bad apples, I can watch this season from beginning to end and love every minute of it and we still have Christmas which looks fun.
        sigpic

Comment

• Godzilla
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 3, 2002

Well I was afraid the show would backpedal on Clara, and that's where the last episode went. So I'll confess it wasn't a story that I wanted told. That being said, for a retcon I thought they did it very well. Compelling acting all around. A good story, nods to the old while taking us to new places. Just really, really good.

Just speaking for me personally, I thought this was the best season as a whole since the first one with Matt Smith. It really worked for me as a whole.
          Mortui Vivos Docent
          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Good episode, and a great follow-up to the previous one. Quite tense, and even though nothing mind-blowing happens, you do get the feeling of a good ending to the season. Moffat neatly writes himself out of a corner by inventing the "between heartbeats" concept and saving Clara yet again. No surprise there.
            The "Time Lord General" even regenerates his armor into a female shaped outfit...

The season ends on a good note, and I'm so happy Capaldi is still with us. I was afraid we'd get a regeneration, and they kind of toyed with the viewer for a while about that.

As for the Christmas ep, well, I haven't liked any of the previous ones, and this one looks no different. Forced humor and River Song. On to the next season!
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

double post...
              Last edited by Gorn Captain; Dec 8, '15, 8:15 AM.
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Interesting take on this season.... the writer suggests that Doctor and Clara are analogous to the destructive relationship between an aging rock star and a young groupie. So... in this instance, is a sonic screwdriver just a sonic screwdriver?

Adi Tantimedh writes, The subtext of this season of Doctor Who has come and gone, but I realised its subtext was about male midlife crisis. Underneath the
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

It all makes sense now...

Comment

• clemso
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy

Is Matt Smith going to come out of the bathroom?
                    Lol, that's a burger joint in Cardiff. I've eaten there.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

so do you think them showing a male time lord general regenerating as a woman is a preview of what they are planning for the next Doctor? there was rumor of them casting a woman this go round and then they went with Capaldi

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I think having the general regenerate was a nod to the never ending rumors of the new Doctor either being
                        A)Black
                        B) Female

Seriously i've been hearing one of those rumours since I was 15. With Missy and the General now, I think it was just a wink to the audience.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

right, I forgot about Missy. I found her kind of annoying so I guess I put her out of my mind

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Finally seen the finale.

It was ok but didn't feel like a finale.

One thing, when the Doctor was gabbing with Clara about stealing the TARDIS he mentioned something about the President's daughter -- couldn't fully hear and understand what he was saying ... Was he referring to Susan being the Presidents daughter ?

On the topic of a black or female Doctor I would have no problem with either as long as they stayed true to the character...

One problem with having a female Doctor, to keep the character of the Doctor "she" should be pretty sexless like her male counterparts, but I have a feeling the producers would go the other way and make her a sort of sexy flirty River Song (for the young audiences)

I think that would be the beginning of the end.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

I've been saying for years, either regenerate into a woman or a child of about 10 or 12. Child time lord with all the bells and whistles!

Comment

• samurainoir
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Dec 26, 2006

11 meets River for the first time. A bit disconcerting to see Capaldi's Doctor grin.
                                Tried getting tickets to the theatrical screening, but it's sold out all over town.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎