X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

SPOILERS!

Was anyone "touched" by Clara's final scene?
    To be honest, we've said goodbye to her so many times now, I didn't really care that much. And the way she was acting, she really seemed to have a death wish.
    To me, her "best" goodbye was when she went after the Great Intelligence into to the heart of the Tardis. I still consider that truly heroic, a death that matters, and I wish that had been her goodbye, like Spock in Wrath of Khan.

Was it explained how Viking Girl acquired her "death tattoo" ability?

Capaldi had some great moments at the end, I kind of enjoyed him going "medieval" for a moment. Next one looks promising.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I was moved, it was well acted and I still really like the show. It's recent ability to slow down and let the characters breath is welcome and producing some of the finer moments IMO.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Godzilla
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 3, 2002

I thought that was an incredible episode. My wife cried during Clara's final moments and I honestly was moved too. My kids were silent which if you know kids means they were hooked to.

Please, please, please don't retcon this with the sleep/eye dust from last week. It means something. Let it stand.

I thought that was Clem as well. Congrats sir!
        Mortui Vivos Docent
        The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

I knew that Jenna Coleman wanted off the show, but her demise came about very unexpectedly so I'm glad I waited until now to read this thread. Her death scene was handled very well and there was great acting from all three key players. If she is truly departed, then let her stay departed and don't let the whole "impossible girl" scenario be a way of bringing her back. It will be interesting to find out who the next companion will be, which, I suspect, won't be until Season Ten.

I do have to wonder: could we be seeing the origins of---The Valeyard?
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Our son said, "I think Clara is going to die" and then everyone went silent. So yeah, it got us. The wrath of the Doctor was quite scary. It was a great touch to have Clara make him promise he wouldn't go out for revenge. Capaldi is one helluva an actor.

I too hope they don't cheat on this one. I like that Clara made one miscalculation, and that was the end of her. I'm still new to Who, but it seems like that has bitten the Doctor in the butt several times, and caused him to "die". Humans don't have regeneration cycles.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Now that I think back to the very end of "The Zygon Invasion" when Zygon-Clara told the Doctor "I'm sorry, Clara is dead," I'm wondering if that was a little foreshadowing...
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Wow! wouldn't it be cool if they turned this into a plot point?

Originally posted by clemso
                Sharp eyes Brian. Yes, it was me, very briefly. I'm the kiss of death for Doctor's assistants as i worked on The Angels Take Manhattan as well as last nights Face The Raven.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by emeraldknight47

I do have to wonder: could we be seeing the origins of---The Valeyard?
                  I think this would be a great arc leading up to a regeneration (if that is in fact happening). There are rumours that "The Next Doctor" will appear in the Christmas special. Doctor vs Valeyard would be a great season long arc.

I think this was a great ending for Clara. Particularly as "the Impossible Girl" who's died so many times throughout space and time. That she lived her life with the Doctor so fully and has no regrets is actually a refreshing take on it. I was moved. Particularly since I belong in the camp that thought Clara was overstaying her welcome this season. Particularly after such a satisfying arc as The Impossible Girl, and a less satisfying arc in her relationship with Danny Pink last season. Not that her and Capaldi don't have great chemistry.

Looking forward to Capaldi and River Song int he Christmas special as well.
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Weird to see the Flash standing behind Clem.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

The Time Lord/Dalek hybrid supposedly appearing in the final episode of the season sounds very intriguing.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                        The Time Lord/Dalek hybrid supposedly appearing in the final episode of the season sounds very intriguing.

I try to live my life spoiler free.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• clemso
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by samurainoir
                          Wow! wouldn't it be cool if they turned this into a plot point?
                          I am a Time Meddler.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Very close to my thoughts Clem

Was thinking it would be great to slowly give more hints of you throughout the Doctors travels.

We eventually learn you are a Time Lord that has been watching the Doctor ever since the Time War --- but why ???

BTW Clem, great seeing you back on Who

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Clem, my son caught you, but I didn't! I was showing him this thread, and he couldn't believe I didn't pick you out. He's looking for you in each episode!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• clemso
                                Talkative Member
                                • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                Clem, my son caught you, but I didn't! I was showing him this thread, and he couldn't believe I didn't pick you out. He's looking for you in each episode!

Chris
                                I think DW will stop using me sooner rather than later. I've definitely had more than my fair share of screen time as a background extra, unless they start getting fan mail, lol. Then they might start to think about giving me a proper acting role.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎