Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoapesnut
    The name says it all!
    • Dec 3, 2007

Up until the previous post, I hadn't heard of a single show mentioned in this thread. I guess I wasn't watching much TV in the 80's.

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Klosterheim
      That bothers me that license holders took so long to put these things out.

When DVDs came out, everything previous should have been available.

I am still waiting for the official version of the 80's Bring 'Em Back Alive.
      I would like to see Bring 'Em Back Alive. I get surprised at what is and isn't out at times. Fantasy Island, for example, seems a natural to me, but only a couple of seasons have been released. I know it's a matter of the earlier seasons not selling as well as they want to warrant the others, but I would have thought that would be a show with enough nostalgia behind it to be released.

There's lots of early TV I'd like to see released, but there seems to be a perception that it won't sell well enough to justify the DVD production.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I would like to see Bring 'Em Back Alive. I get surprised at what is and isn't out at times. Fantasy Island, for example, seems a natural to me, but only a couple of seasons have been released. I know it's a matter of the earlier seasons not selling as well as they want to warrant the others, but I would have thought that would be a show with enough nostalgia behind it to be released.

There's lots of early TV I'd like to see released, but there seems to be a perception that it won't sell well enough to justify the DVD production.
        A lot of series like that are going MOD. But some shows suffer from being owned by really large studios, who aren't hungry enough to take a risk on a known, but old property. When these small outfits get the rights, they go all out. But the big boys don't need the money, so they sit on them. It sucks.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by JRT!
          Yeah,about time US got Automan,and Manimal,as they've both been out in the UK for years! Also waiting for Bring'em Back Alive,and Spider-Man tv series with Nicholas Hammond,Highwayman,and a few others. Would've thought all the 70's and 80's tv shows would've be on dvd ages ago,lol.

Which fantasy show with Sid Haig are you waiting for? Fantasy Island? Jason of Star Command? They're already out. He's been in a lot of things though,so you might mean something else.
          Yeah, I have seen Sid Haig in many things, but I made a mistake on that TV series.

It may have been only a pilot, but I was thinking of Wizards and Warriors.

I used to think they had a toy line too, but now I'm thinking that I once saw generic toys similar to the characters.

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

I watched Automan religiously. It was on either Tues or Thurs -I can't remember. But after Home swim meets we took turns having a get together at for pizza and Automan for the year (85?)

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎