Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest 'The Force Awakens' rumor about Luke...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acrovader
    Career Member
    • Jan 19, 2011

Latest 'The Force Awakens' rumor about Luke...

It's long been known that Luke doesn't show up until the final minutes of the movie, but the latest rumor is that he is.. wait for it.. BLIND. If true, it seems that Abrams/Kasdan got their idea from Kung Fu. Apparently, Luke can 'see' through the Force. How he was blinded, nobody knows, I imagine that will be explained in the movie.

It does seem they are taking some chances with this movie, with Han dying, and now a blind Luke.

I'm not sure if I like this rumor, if true.
    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

I don't like either of those rumors...they're going to lose me. Sounds like they're screwing it up.
    sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by acrovader
      It's long been known that Luke doesn't show up until the final minutes of the movie, but the latest rumor is that he is.. wait for it.. BLIND. If true, it seems that Abrams/Kasdan got their idea from Kung Fu. Apparently, Luke can 'see' through the Force. How he was blinded, nobody knows, I imagine that will be explained in the movie.

It does seem they are taking some chances with this movie, with Han dying, and now a blind Luke.

I'm not sure if I like this rumor, if true.
      Nobody knows that Luke doesn't show up until the end, because they haven't seen the movie. I laugh at all the psychic fanboys who "know things" about movies they haven't even seen.
      Han dies, Chewbacca's a transvestite, Darth Vader's reincarnated as a toaster, blah, blah, blah...I'll believe ANY of it when I see it.

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
        Nobody knows that Luke doesn't show up until the end, because they haven't seen the movie. I laugh at all the psychic fanboys who "know things" about movies they haven't even seen.
        Han dies, Chewbacca's a transvestite, Darth Vader's reincarnated as a toaster, blah, blah, blah...I'll believe ANY of it when I see it.
        There have been call sheets that have been leaked that state Luke's reduced role in the movie and that he shows up in the end. This isn't some wild fantasy from some fanboys. Also, Han does die, as revealed and confirmed by many people in the know.
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Rumors say that Lando will have become white, and has a pet chimp.
          I can't believe that could ever happen, but who knows?
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

So they can make a fully functional prosthetic hand in Empire, but can't make a mechanical eye 30 years later?
            Hmmm...

Maybe they can make Luke blind, Han deaf and Leia mute.
            In that case, when the three of them go womprat hunting together, the scene could be hilarious...
            "Did I hit him?
            "Did you fire already?"
            "What???!!!"
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

^I can't wait for the little friction powered bump-n-go Luke figure.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

I'm in the believe it when I see it camp. don't forget Abrams himself has leaked misinformation. I have never understood the fanboy mentality of having to know what happens in a movie before it has even come out, and then *****ing and moaning about what they "think" they found out

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

After the last Star Trek movie, which I thought was a disaster, I have no faith in this movie.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

George Lucas must be sitting in his house with a big grin on his face. I'm sure he's thinking to himself "And you thought the Prequels were bad?"

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                      ^I can't wait for the little friction powered bump-n-go Luke figure.
                      "I felt a disturbance in The Force"
                      "No, Luke, you just slammed your head against a bulkhead..."

Comment

• ClaudeAtlas
                        • Jun 10, 2015

i'm not holding out for this latest offering with any idealistic expectations to be yet again let-down. the trilogy holds up well enough by itself. (in what original theatrical versions that can still be dredged up; thank the maker!)

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

My guess is that most people are going to love it until it leaves theatres

After that is when people will be able to reasonably evaluate it without looking at it through giddy New Star Wars goggles eyes.

In the end I think it will get a generally so so rating from most oldies.

After all is said and done everyone will agree nothing will beat the original trilogy.

It was a time that will never return - no matter how bad we want it to ---- and no money can make it happen

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

well said Mike!

Comment

• Klosterheim
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 23, 2013

Yeah, nothing can beat the original trilogy.

Never can create the same experience. LotR and Matrix were also moving, but in vastly different ways for example. No new Star Wars can match the original in any way, totally different feelings and wonder.

With an oversupply of theaters, midnight showing and online ticket sales, the excitement of getting there will never equal Star Wars 1977, even if they tried a limited release gimmick, nothing will match it.

Nothing will match innovative toys that looked exactly like part of the movie, for the first time. Even the Apes toys didn't generate demand like Star Wars Kenner toys.

I'm still going to enjoy the movie and it's Blu-ray version.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎