I was kind of let down with "Day"
The story itself was ok, but at the end when the Daleks finally come to Earth, you can easily see there was only three of them...
But the weird thing is ......
Today, they made each Dalek so STRONG, 3 of them is a real menace.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Favourite Dalek Stories?
Collapse
X
-
Yeah, Day only has three Daleks in it and tons of padding to make it like there are more as I recall.
I'm also agreed that Genesis is the best use of Davros, he's probably the most threatening there. I like that the new series acknowledges him but hasn't had him show up, maybe he was killed in the Timewar?Leave a comment:
-
Genesis of the Daleks-the best use of Davros
The Daleks-very effective if a bit long
The Dalek Invasion Of Earth
Day of the Daleks-I remember this one vividly from childhood also. Not
great for the Daleks themselves but I alwyas liked the
way it dealt with time travel.Leave a comment:
-
I'm not a huge fan of Davro's either but I do think he served a purpose in the Doctor Who series.
If it wasn't for Davros, I don't think the Daleks AS AN INTERESTING NASTY would have survived past the Baker years.
They were just too predicable stiff, and that made them get boring after a time.
With Davros,
It gave the Doctor somebody to argue with.
He was a Dalek, but he wasn't.
I think he definetely helped the Daleks survive to today.
The problem now is,
The Daleks seem to be almost in the same boat as they were during Pertwee years...
Meaning, watching them is getting tedious again.Leave a comment:
-
That really doesn't bug me but I guess if you wanted to you could say that seeing that Davros "died" during their first meeting, Sarah most likely assumes Rose wouldn't know who that was.
But I'm not a fan of Davros either....Leave a comment:
-
Speaking of Daleks ........
I was just watching School Reunion the other day and one scene always bugs me ....
Remember when Sarah Jane and Rose is having that P'ing contest ?
I forgot the exact quotes, but it was something like .........
Sarah: ----- Daleks, lots of Daleks
Rose: ------ Met the emperor
In reality, wouldn't Sarah have countered back with something like --- Helped the Doctor kick Davros's butt .....
To which Rose would say, Who's Davros ?
And Sarah would reply---- YOU don't know who Davros is ?
Sarah: Forget it
Last edited by Mikey; Jun 15, '07, 11:22 AM.Leave a comment:
-
[QUOTE=palitoy;11320]OK I want to get my hands on that.
go to loose cannon.com they have just about every lost episode aviable as recons, which is any suriving eposide and cut out scenes and still photos dubbed with the missing epsiode sound track but they only have vsh tapes so you need to transfer them to dvd the price is free you only pay for the blank tape and shippingLeave a comment:
-
My favorites...The Dalek Invasion of Earth, Genesis of the Daleks, Dalek, The Daleks and The Parting of The Ways. I also half-like Daleks in Manhatten (I'm just just not fond of the pig people...Ick).
Dalek...Uh..I mean DanaLeave a comment:
-
Dalekmania ?
That's the documentary that came with the Cushing movies ?
Yea, I have it...
It's pretty good, but I wouldn't jump up and down over it.Leave a comment:
-
-
have to go with gen of the daleks followed by the dalek master plan, and yes i have it on dvd it's a reconLeave a comment:
-
Hmmmm....
"Remembrance of the Daleks" is one of my all time fave episodes. Cosmic powered baseball bat, evil teachers right out of a Pink Floyd video, and the scene with the stairs... *hee hee*
I get the impression I'd like "Evil of the Daleks" if more than 20 minutes of it still existed.
"The Dalek Master Plan" sounds interesting; if only for the body count. Again, it's too bad most of it's lost.
"Dalek" was a great episode! Made them seem REALLY scary. They've been toughened up since the original show. (Cybermen and Daleks used to be evenly matched.)
Don C.
I've got Evil and Power of the Daleks on Audio and IMO they're pretty good.
I've only ever read the novellisation of Masterplan.Leave a comment:
-
Hmmmm....
"Remembrance of the Daleks" is one of my all time fave episodes. Cosmic powered baseball bat, evil teachers right out of a Pink Floyd video, and the scene with the stairs... *hee hee*
I get the impression I'd like "Evil of the Daleks" if more than 20 minutes of it still existed.
"The Dalek Master Plan" sounds interesting; if only for the body count. Again, it's too bad most of it's lost.
"Dalek" was a great episode! Made them seem REALLY scary. They've been toughened up since the original show. (Cybermen and Daleks used to be evenly matched.)
Don C.Leave a comment:
-
I can see that, it's a different kind of Dalek story. I will admit one of my bigger problems with it was reading the Target novel before I watched it. Sometimes that can backfire as you imagine it in a grander fashion than it actually is.I think I like Death because it's Pertwee's last season, and there's just something about the whole season 11 I like.
I also like the fact the Daleks had some of their power taken away and had to form a very uneasy alliance with the Doctor. That was just different.
Lastly, besides storyline and even special effects, a good part of that story was filmed outside the studio.
For me that's a big plus.
I hate studio bound talking head stories..
I also liked that Sleestack looking alien
Leave a comment:
-
I think I like Death because it's Pertwee's last season, and there's just something about the whole season 11 I like.
I also like the fact the Daleks had some of their power taken away and had to form a very uneasy alliance with the Doctor. That was just different.
Lastly, besides storyline and even special effects, a good part of that story was filmed outside the studio.
For me that's a big plus.
I hate studio bound talking head stories..
I also liked that Sleestack looking alien
Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: