Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

X-Files New film-July 25th

The Truth is Out There Again this summer:

'X-Files' Creator Spills Beans on Sequel - AOL News
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

I wonder if the X-Files still has a large enough following to make it worth a large scale movie? I gave up on the show when the behind the scenes shenanigans outshone the episodes (cast infighting, etc.). I kept watching, but it seems to me the show ended with a whimper rather than a bang, and when the final episode did air, I think a lot of people breathed a sigh of relief that the train wreck was over.

If they can do a film that ignores the crap from the last few seasons, and goes back to the weird fun of the first 4 seaons, it may do well. If they try to incorporate the mess from the later years....well, who knows?
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

The X-Files at one point was by far my favorite show...but like Captain said...the last two seasons were terrible, especially when two new agents were introduced (Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish, solid actors but didn't really belong there, not their fault though)...it just faded into a whimper.

I don't know, this teaser didn't do anything for me, it had lots of snow, just like the last X-Files film, lol.

I might still go see it out of curiosity.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎