X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

Just got back from the 3- d version.
    Solid film some good laughs nice ending to the series.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

just got back from seeing it with my family. great movie. a little slow in parts but lots of action and a huge battle sequence for the end. my wife was literally in tears for one of the death scenes and Tauriel's goodbye. Solid movie and a good bookend to the series.

Comment

• spacecaps
        Second Mouse
        • Aug 24, 2011

Am I the only one who can't tell the dwarfs apart from one another (or know their names for that matter.) At least it held my interest but I'm in the camp that questions why we need a nine hour film series for a three hundred and thirty page book. This last movie is two and a half hours, and two of those hours are nothing but battles. The other thirty minutes is squabbling among groups and saying good by.
        "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I think it is equal parts indulgence by Jackson and crew and milking by the studio. either way, I love it and feel the more they get into the movie the better. they mine the appendices from LOTR and flesh out the hobbit storyline, which lets face it, was pretty basic and did not elaborate on a lot of things. Many of which were then expanded on and fleshed out in the Lord of the Rings, but some only mentioned in passing or not at all, and only explained in the appendices

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

I think billy Connolly just makes this movie into pure awesome...LoL
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

I just got back from seeing this with my son. Entertaining, slow in some parts and there's some stuff they didn't have time to explain or finalize, which is odd since they really had enough time in the movie to do so.

Very long battle scene at the end was worthwhile.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

I'll wait for the extra long version. This movie is way too short....
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

LOL. yeah the extended version will likely fill in some of the unexplained things.

I will say, that it was really cool, seeing Saruman go into battle. the whole scene where Gandalf is rescued was really cool

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

BUMP

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                    Totally agree. I loved LOTR, and I was immensely looking forward to the Hobbit movies. But the first two left me bored and unmoved. I'll see the finale, but will be going in with low expectations and hopes of being pleasantly surprised.
                    It actually makes me feel better to read this.. at least I know Jackson and his team didn't just forget how to make good middle-earth movies. They were just overwhelmed..

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎