Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLADE RUNNER Sequel: Offer out to Harrison Ford!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

BLADE RUNNER Sequel: Offer out to Harrison Ford!

Well, there's been a lot of speculation about whether they would go with a new younger character...or try to get Harrison Ford back. Apparently the studio wants him, the script is finished and they have sent him out an offer...that mean Ridley Scott WANTS him! Harrison Has admitted to having a meeting with Scott to talk about it, so that means he's interested. Personally, I'd be happy to have him back for one more GREAT Blade Runner movie! Sure Harrison is 70...but if he can Han Solo and Indy Jones again then why not Rick Deckard? Man...it's good time to be a Si-Fi geek.
    sigpic
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I can totally see him playing Deckard again, in the case of this character age is less of a concern. There are many more stories to be told about the BR universe.

But it does surprise me, as Ford didn't enjoy making the movie, and had a hard time connecting with Scott.

What also concerns me is Scott revisiting older work, as I truly hated Prometheus. Does he still have that kind of magic in him?
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Why does there have to be sequels to everything? Some movies are fine with just one film. Yeah I know,it's all about making money. Don't know when Hollywood is going to realize that it doesn't always work.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I look at it this way...if Ridley Scott didn't make this picture...somebody else would. I agree it doesn't need a sequel...but if there's going to be one, I'd rather he was in charge. They also got one of the writers of the original screenplay to write this one.
        sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by jwyblejr
          Why does there have to be sequels to everything? Some movies are fine with just one film. Yeah I know,it's all about making money. Don't know when Hollywood is going to realize that it doesn't always work.
          Yep. There is a good reason replicants don't live that long... so you can't bring a geriatric Ford back for a sequel!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I'd rather Scott wasn't involved. I'm a big fan of BR and Alien, but that was a long time ago, and I'm trying to forget Prometheus...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

That's another thing,why so long between sequels? The only one it worked for was Oz the Great and Powerful. Yeah I know it was a prequel. But look at Gone With the Wind. Close to 60 years when some genius thought "Hey! Let's do a sequel! And we'll have it on TV!"

Comment

• acrovader
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2011

Not so fast. Ridley Scott is on record saying that he wants a woman to play the protagonist and that Harrison Ford's character would be playing a supporting role.
                I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• acrovader
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 19, 2011

And I don't want a sequel, prequel, spinoff or reboot of Blade Runner (the same way I was opposed to a Tron sequel). The movie is complete in itself. I tired of every single movie having a sequel. In fact, one of the main reasons why I liked Blade Runner all these years was that it didn't have a sequel. I can't see ANYONE, let alone Scott, recapturing the tone and temper of the original film.
                  I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

I liked Prometheus. I liked the Tron sequel too. give them a chance, maybe they will come up with something great. if you don't like it you don't have to watch it

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      give them a chance, maybe they will come up with something great. if you don't like it you don't have to watch it

sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                        give them a chance, maybe they will come up with something great
                        T-1000 model Rutger Hauer travels back in time to kill Deckard's Grandpa...
                        Grandpa would be played by a grumpy Ford.

Comment

• spacecaps
                          Second Mouse
                          • Aug 24, 2011

Originally posted by acrovader
                          And I don't want a sequel, prequel, spinoff or reboot of Blade Runner (the same way I was opposed to a Tron sequel). The movie is complete in itself. I tired of every single movie having a sequel. In fact, one of the main reasons why I liked Blade Runner all these years was that it didn't have a sequel. I can't see ANYONE, let alone Scott, recapturing the tone and temper of the original film.
                          I was all for a Tron sequel and then Jeff Bridges got involved. isn't that world interesting enough that you can craft an entirely different story without having to repeat yourself from the original because it worked "the first time." Just because someone was in the original of something should not mean they should have any part of the the story going forward. You create this vast world full of intricate characters and infinite possibilities and yet the focus is always on the same freakin person. I've been saying this since Aliens 3. Once the marines were introduced in Aliens the Ripley story should have concluded in part 3 and focused on another character. Richard Deckard does not need to be the focus of another Blade Runner. You want to revive a world full of human look-a-like robots created to do the manual labor of humans on other worlds that occasionally rise up against their creators and escape to Earth looking for answers/revenge and are hunted down by a special unit detective squad all while set in a somewhat dystopian future run by conglomerate corporations. I totally get that because there's a lot of potential there, just don't tell it from the same characters point of view as the original. Deckard told his tale, now move on to something else or just leave well enough alone.
                          "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎