X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Star Trek 3 director may be...

Screenwriter Roberto Orci, who is in talks to make his directorial debut with Star Trek 3, replacing JJ Abrams. Orci is also writing the film, with Abrams producing. There is no release date on Star Trek 3 yet, but it is expected to be released in 2016 to mark the 50th anniversary of the original television series.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
    • May 21, 2011

Orci has been confirmed to direct the film.

After weeks of rumblings that Roberto Orci was the frontrunner, sources have told Variety that Skydance and Paramount have indeed tapped Orci to direct Paramount and Skydance’s “Star Trek 3.” Orci is currently writing the story with J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay and had been campaigning to replace J.J. Abrams as director for some time. […]
    sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

This might be a really good move by the Studio. Orci is a hardcore Star Trek Fan...more so than J.J. Abrams who is more of a Star Wars fan. I really like how the last one ended the with the start of the 5 year mission. Time to get back to exploring the galaxy instead of another ****ed off villain seeking revenge. Not that I didn't LOVE the last two movies...I ADSOLUTELY did! Abrams did the seemingly impossible...successfully recast our beloved Crew that mean so much to us Star Trek fans.

Looking forward to the future...
      Last edited by The Bat; May 17, '14, 10:43 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I like your optimism!

I am one who was really let down by Into Darkness. Too much re-tread on old ground. I hope Orci realizes a reboot means a clean slate, and an opportunity to go where no man has gone before.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
          This might be a really good move by the Studio. Orci is a hardcore Star Trek Fan...more so than J.J. Abrams who is more of a Star Wars fan. I really like how the last one ended the with the start of the 5 year mission. Time to get back to exploring the galaxy instead of another ****ed off villain seeking revenge. Not that I didn't LOVE the last two movies...I ADSOLUTELY did! Abrams did the seemingly impossible...successfully recast our beloved Crew that mean so much to us Star Trek fans.

Looking forward to the future...
          Sounds like it's a good thing the directors are where they are now.
          sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
            Sounds like it's a good thing the directors are where they are now.

Agreed!
            sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Apparently, Orci directing the film isn't confirmed, contradicting that news article. He's still definitely writing the film however.
              sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

According to new reports, the film will take place in deep space, with the Enterprise and crew dealing with an unrevealed crisis far away from home. This movie is reportedly going to be much more similar to the original Star Trek series than its predecessors.

“Star Trek 3” will boldly go where no man has gone before. Director Roberto Orci promises that the latest installment of the rebooted franchise will stay true to its roots as it heads back to deep space. “In this movie, they are closer than they are to the original series characters that you have ever […]
                sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Original Star Trek actor George Takei said he was keen to make an appearance in the third film:

"All they have to do is ask me! I am more than eager."
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎