Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Love the radio show, for me it became the embodiment of the whole thing. Probably why I hated the movie so much, it felt like a high school play version. I've heard those lines so much that it was boring to hear americans do them.

Books first. (A trilogy in five parts...) Then the tv show. I was pretty disappointed by the movie too; for some reason I CAN'T picture Marvin any way other than the tv version.
    That probably had a lot to do with underwhelming design of the movie Marvin but I agree, there is something very sarcastic about the TV Marvin like a PO'd version of Robby.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Seeker
      Neptunians RULE!
      • Feb 20, 2008

And Ford. I don't recall the actor off hand who played him on the TV show But that was what I pictured Ford to be when I read the books. Nothing against Mos Def.

Ford was supposed to be a sharp, somewhat sarcastic cool guy who knew where his towel was.

Not someone who would try to shake hands with an oncoming car.
      Lo there do I see my Father.
      Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
      Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
      Lo they do call me.
      They bid me take my place among them.
      In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

Originally posted by monkey tennis
        I loved the Radio show.
        And would love to own a copy (hint, hint)
        I never heard all of the shows though.

Roger if you were feeling generous War of the Worlds Radio Show
        would make a wonderful companion (hint, hint)

The whole 5 parts ???? that's a lot of discs dude...if you'll supply them i'll do em for ya...what War of the Worlds do you want the BBC one or the Orsan Wells one...or both? Got the BBC radio version of Batman Knightfall as well if you want and some Blakes 7, Dr Who's and other bits.
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

I'd seen CD sets of the BBC radio version on sale at the Borders Books, but I remember thinking it was expensive if I didn't like it. Next to the books, I liked the TV version the best. I was disappointed with the movie, too. There was a US show in the late 80's I recall that was a spoof of news shows (I think it lasted 3 episodes) but Simon Jones was in it and I remember watching the show just because of that.
          It's all good!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
            Pat Troughton in disguise
            • Nov 21, 2007

The radio shows haverecently been collected in a box set....I got mine when Borders were doing a get one free promotion so it cut down the price quite a bit.
            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Tyme2tyme
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 3, 2008

I only knew about the books but i LOVED them (I read them many times). Then the movie came out... I should say "looking forward to it" was a major understatement. Uhh, what acid trip were they on when they did this horrendous movie? Oh well, I've still got my book JOHN
              Livin' the American Dream!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎