Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Star Wars Rebels character and toy reveal.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Star Wars Rebels character and toy reveal.

The figure is in the slideshow.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Kilian Plunket used to do comic work, I think.

The character reminds me of the "Build-A-Droid" bins at Disney World.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I like Chopper. I can totally see the original Ralph Mcquarrie R2 design influence.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

How can you tell if an Astromech is grumpy?

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

More of Chopper from the Germany Toy fair plus Lego Star Wars Rebels sets revealed.

Join us at http://blog.Atamaii.tv From the Star Wars Rebels animated series, this is the reveal of the character "Chopper", done in LEGO bricks. Chopper is ...

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

They wanted to make him look "retro" because this series takes place four years before Ep.IV?

I guess they completely forgot Artoo was in Ep. I-III

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by enyawd72
              They wanted to make him look "retro" because this series takes place four years before Ep.IV?

Shhhhh.... We're all trying to forget!

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by enyawd72

That's a good point. Very true.

It's still pretty cool, though.

News travels fast, I was just finding about this on Rebel Scum.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Retro meaning they went back to Ralph Mcquarrie's original Star Wars designs for inspiration. In the video they mention Chopper's look was based on Ralph Mcquarrie's early R2-D2 design sketches.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎