Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your top-5 fav's of ST-Next-Gen ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayhank
    That Fisher Price Guy
    • Feb 9, 2007

Best of Both Worlds

Chain of Command (where Picard is tortured by the Cardassians)

Remember Me (I think that's the title) Where everybody is disappearing off the Enterprise except for Beverly Crusher.

Measure of a Man (whether Data is a machine or a life form)

Yesterday's Enterprise (where Tasha Yar "isn't supposed to be there")
    Last edited by grayhank; Mar 9, '08, 9:35 PM.
    Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• kept back
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 2, 2002

Measure of a Man(Data vs Riker in a steel cage!)
      All Good Things(The Finale)
      Unification(SPOCK, BABY!)
      Cause and Effect(Kelsey Grammar driving!)
      Chain of Command(Ronnie Cox; Intergalactic d!ck)

Honorable mention; Any episode featuring Lt Barclay
      Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Ronnie Cox was a mean SOB but I gotta give him credit for one thing......

He was the first guy to make Troi wear a Starfleet uniform --- and she looked pretty darn good in it

After that episode, she kept it on throughout the rest of the series.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

It's gonna tough but...but here goes!

1.)Yesterdays Enterptise
          2.)The Naked Now
          3.)Tapestry
          4.)Reunification(two parts...but I count it as one Episode)
          5.)The Best of Both Worlds
          sigpic

Comment

• Surfsup
            Silver Chrome Dome
            • Dec 2, 2005

1. The Inner Light
            2. Cause and Effect
            3. Relics
            4. Best of Both Worlds
            5. Elementary, Dear Data.

I haven't seen any of these episodes for years, I'm going to have to watch them again to see if they're as good as I remember.

Comment

• jds1911a1
              Alan Scott is the best GL
              • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by type1kirk

He was the first guy to make Troi wear a Starfleet uniform --- and she looked pretty darn good in it

I missed her Cleavege.

Like many have said haevn't seen it in years (gonna have to break out the vcr) There were ALOT of straight retells of classic trek early on (or nearly so but one of them is on my list)

my top 5
              best of both worlds
              relics
              The Big goodbye - alright it's bascially the maltese falcon but I can live with that
              The Wounded - Colm Meaney's performance here is what made O'brien a real character and probalby got him on Ds9
              Future Imperfect - another cheat by the writers using the classic film 36 hours but That's ok by me
              Second Chances - I actually liked the cockier Tom Riker version and would have rather seen him stay and Will move on to his own command

Comment

• johnmiic
                Adrift
                • Sep 6, 2002

I always look at ST-TNG and compare it to Picket Fences and say why couldn't ST have dealt with more relevant issues like that show? I think by the time ST-TNG reached TV it was no longer necessary to hide serious issues in Sc-fi trappings. There are episodes I like but the show should have been so much more. Many good ideas were abandoned in the first few seasons because many writers left the show early on due to bad treatment.

Yesterday's Enterprise - Perhaps the best episode in the series. Often I think this would have benefitted from being a 2-parter like Unification. The quality of this epsiode should have been the bare minumum for this series. Unfortunately it wan't until DS9 premired that we got plots as intricate as this every week.

Skin of Evil - I love this ep because it is a damn good episode and many fans hate it even tho they know Denise Crosby wanted out of the show. Written by Joe Stefano, I think of The Classic Outer Limits fame, it gives a plausible exit for Tasha Yar. A sudden, meaningless death while doing her duty, which she could have avoided if not for her hot-tempered nature. This event is brought up many times throughout the series and in many ways gives the characters more depth than the ripped-off episode The Naked Now.

We'll Always Have Paris - A great non-time travel, yet time paradox epsiode. Trek finally shows us time travel stories can be more complex than predicaments like Star Trek 4 or Times Arrow.

The Inner Light - I was blown away at the reveal that a whole alternate lifetime was inserted into Picard's memories, which he lived out, while unconscious for a short amount of time. This ep is widely know for Picard learning to play the flute.

All Good Things - This should have been the first movie!

Notable Mention:

Who Watches The Watchers - The title is perhaps a play on the catchphrase from the Alan Moore comic The Watchmen? A very good episode about Religion and blind faith, which I can't get into here.

The Defector - Picard - " It's always a chess game with the Romulans!!!" Yes, it is! The defector Romulan in this episode was, I think, played by the actor who played Barney in the epsiode Plot to Kill a City in Buck Rogers in the 25ht Century.

Hollow Pursuiits & The Most Toys - broadcast a week apart when originally aired. A perfect 1-2 puch at fandom without the preachy lectures.

Also good: Remember Me, Conundrum, A Matter of Honor, Data's Day, Relics, Schisims, Night Terrors, Time Squared, Captain's Holiday and A Matter of Time.
                Last edited by johnmiic; Mar 10, '08, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                  valar morghulis
                  • Mar 8, 2005

Hmm... can't limit it to five..

Elementary, Dear Data
                  Measure of a Man
                  The Survivors
                  The Defector
                  Deja Q
                  Yesterday's Enterprise
                  Sins of the Father
                  The Most Toys
                  Best of Both Worlds 1&2
                  The Wounded
                  The Nth Degree

...just to name a few

Comment

• Airdave817
                    Satellite Monitor Duty
                    • May 31, 2007

[QUOTE=huedell;105592]I have the oddest relationship with this show...

Back around 1992 I could have been called a "rabid" fan of STTNG

These days? I haven't seen an episode in YEARS!

Cool thread here that's bringing back a lot of memories. [QUOTE]

Me too! I still love The Original Series. I think TNG TV Episodes were much better than the films. I watched Deep Space Nine for awhile until it became all about The Maquis. We were either switching from cable to satellite or something and I just couldn't find it then. I watched a few episodes of Voyager and thought - m'ehh. Enterprise was good in the beginning, but it jumped the shark around season three.

I think my five would include -

1) Best of Both Worlds 1 & 2
                    2) Yesterday's Enterprise
                    3) Unification 1 & 2
                    4) Relics
                    5) The one right before the end where they discover the transporter created a second Will Riker.
                    Shameless self-promotion -
                    Earth-Dave
                    KROC-FM
                    Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• grayhank
                      That Fisher Price Guy
                      • Feb 9, 2007

Originally posted by type1kirk

I believe I read somewhere that it was actually Marina Sartis' decision for her character to wear the standard uniform. Ronnie Cox was perfect in implementing this for her. The whole 2 part episode had some of the best character interactions. The tension between Ronnie Cox and Jonathan Frakes was one of the standout highlights of these 2 episodes.

Then the whole POW treatment of Picard by the Cardassians to the unforgettable final utterance of the line "there are four lights" at the very end where you knew that Picard was NEVER "broken" by them. Great acting, excellent writing and a perfect performance by Patrick Stewart.

Best of Both Worlds is a true trek classic for Picard, but I think Chain of Command was by far so much more intense that it's hard to choose which one I like better.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                        Alan Scott is the best GL
                        • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
                        Defector - Picard - " It's always a chess game with the Romulans!!!" Yes, it is! The defector Romulan in this episode was, I think, played by the actor who played Barney in the epsiode Plot to Kill a City in Buck Rogers in the 25ht Century.
                        YEP thats him. Also known as a voice over artist in lexus commercials

Comment

• jayihdz
                          aaaggghhhh!
                          • Mar 6, 2007

I just watch the first episode of the original star trek, I am not a fan of it but I like to watch it once in a while; a friend of mine took me to the movies when first contact came out and it was really good. I have two cards Capt. Kirk and Mr Spock if you dont have these in you collection pm me your nfo and I will mail them to you. I cant wait for the new movie, it sound interesting and I am looking forward to see what approach they take on it. Once I finish the first season I will let you guys know what my favorite episode was.
                          Last edited by jayihdz; Mar 10, '08, 3:09 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Another Next Gen I always liked was "Conspiracy"

The one with the Kahn bug-things in their heads taking over Starfleet.

I know a lot of people hate that episode, but I always liked it

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

Marina Sirtis actually wore the Starfleet "dress" in the very first ep of TNG, (so the Ronny Cox ep really wasn't the first time she wore a uniform), but when I saw her at a con, she said that she was having problems w/ her fluctuating weight, and didn't feel comfotable in a conventional uniform. First she did that ugly brown thing (she hated it) and then the burgundy/lavender jumpsuit which didn't fit as snugly as the 1st/2nd season Starfleet uniforms. By 3rd season, it just became her norm, but when she lost weight (and the script was headed toward her being a Lt. Commander), she wore the real uniform.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• grayhank
                                That Fisher Price Guy
                                • Feb 9, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                                Marina Sirtis actually wore the Starfleet "dress" in the very first ep of TNG, (so the Ronny Cox ep really wasn't the first time she wore a uniform), but when I saw her at a con, she said that she was having problems w/ her fluctuating weight, and didn't feel comfotable in a conventional uniform. First she did that ugly brown thing (she hated it) and then the burgundy/lavender jumpsuit which didn't fit as snugly as the 1st/2nd season Starfleet uniforms. By 3rd season, it just became her norm, but when she lost weight (and the script was headed toward her being a Lt. Commander), she wore the real uniform.
                                HG I think what was said here is that Ronnie Cox was the first one to "make her wear the uniform". That is technically correct as he told her that he didn't go for that casual look with his officers. Proir to that her character wore basically whatever she wanted so she could put whoever she was counseling at ease. Picard didn't stand on ceremony with her. It's only significance was to demonstrate what a mean SOB Ronnie Cox's character was supposed to be AND to provide the viewer an explanation of why she would be wearing the uniform from that point on.
                                Last edited by grayhank; Mar 13, '08, 3:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎