X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionicfanboy66
    Career Member
    • Jul 30, 2012

SW Episode VII Release Date Announced

It has been confirmed that the release date for the long awaited Return Of the Jedi sequel is December 18, 2015. "This will be a day long remembered."
  • LadyZod
    Superman's Gal Pal
    • Jan 27, 2007

Boo to that release date... BOO.

All Star Wars movies are released in May.

And I swear that thing better have the 20th Century Fox fanfare at the beginning or the mouse gets it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
    Check out my art:
    Art Portfolio@Redbubble
    Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by LadyZod
      Boo to that release date... BOO.

All Star Wars movies are released in May.

And I swear that thing better have the 20th Century Fox fanfare at the beginning or the mouse gets it.
      Avengers 2:Age of Ultron was already scheduled for May 1, 2015. Disney isn't going to cut their own throat with that blockbuster release by putting Star Wars in the same month.

And I think the 20th Century Fox theme is something that is lost to the ages....
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Chris
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 23, 2009

Having seen the Prequels I can write: "I'm good". Take as much time as you need.....because you need it."
        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

I love the prequels as much as the original trilogy. I really think a lot of the hate towards the prequels stems from the fact that people saw them as adults and were much more critical. The original trilogy is also full of gaping plot holes, contrivances, bad acting, annoying characters, poorly written dialog, etc.

As kids, we just didn't care. We were too caught up in the spectacle of it all to notice.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

I have the lowest of expectations. I can't stand the prequels.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MEMEGO
              Career Member
              • Sep 6, 2007

WILL I PAY TO SEE THIS? TO QUOTE DARTH VADER FROM THE LAST PREQUEL, '' NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Will I pay to see this " NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO".
              END OF COMMENTS.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by MEMEGO
                WILL I PAY TO SEE THIS? TO QUOTE DARTH VADER FROM THE LAST PREQUEL, '' NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Will I pay to see this " NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO".
                END OF COMMENTS.
                So you basically don't want to see the movie even before any details of it are revealed?
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• acrovader
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  Avengers 2:Age of Ultron was already scheduled for May 1, 2015. Disney isn't going to cut their own throat with that blockbuster release by putting Star Wars in the same month.

And I think the 20th Century Fox theme is something that is lost to the ages....
                  They easily could've bumped Avengers to December. Maybe future episodes will be released on/around Memorial day.
                  I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• toysrus
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 23, 2007

Is Harrison Ford on board for sure? Or did he bail?

Comment

• skid14
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 23, 2011

man i hope they get it right

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
                        I really think a lot of the hate towards the prequels stems from the fact that people saw them as adults and were much more critical.
                        I have to respectfully disagree.

The prequels have a lot of legitimate issues. Medi-clorians, Jar Jar, etc. But they could have all have been over looked if only the Anakin character worked. It should break your heart when he turns and it doesn't. There is no tragic hero's fall from grace. There is no good in him and there is nothing to redeem. He is never shown to be anything but a self absorbed sociopath. The movies could have been awesome and could have worked. The Clone Wars series showed that. The 98 minute Clone Wars movie that started the series did the one thing the three prequel movies couldn't. You actually liked Anakin.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          I have to respectfully disagree.

The prequels have a lot of legitimate issues. Medi-clorians, Jar Jar, etc. But they could have all have been over looked if only the Anakin character worked. It should break your heart when he turns and it doesn't. There is no tragic hero's fall from grace. There is no good in him and there is nothing to redeem. He is never shown to be anything but a self absorbed sociopath. The movies could have been awesome and could have worked. The Clone Wars series showed that. The 98 minute Clone Wars movie that started the series did the one thing the three prequel movies couldn't. You actually liked Anakin.
                          And I have to respectfully disagree with you. It definitely broke my heart to see Anakin's turn to the dark side. He was exactly what he should have been. A very scared, conflicted, angry young man. I saw a lot of myself during my teenage years in his performance. I was a VERY angry, bitter young man, and hated the world. I would have given ANYTHING at age 18 to make the world the way I wanted it to be, and if I'd had Jedi powers, I'd have been a VERY dangerous person. Luckily, I didn't do anything foolish. I grew up, learned to let go things and move on to become a better person.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
                            He was exactly what he should have been. A very scared, conflicted, angry young man.
                            One person's troubled youth is another's irredeemable sociopath.

That is an example of why I disagree with the standard cop-out if people don't like the prequels they are just jaded or overly critical. That totally disregards that the prequels can or do have legitimate flaws or people can see it differently. I have several issues with the prequels which have nothing to do with me being jaded.

I will add, there are good things about the prequels. Ewan McGregor's Obi Wan was a highlight as well as Christopher Lee as Count Dooku. Plus, the prequels led the way to the excellent Clone Wars series which, in my opinion, corrects many of the flaws of the prequels.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                              One person's troubled youth is another's irredeemable sociopath.

That is an example of why I disagree with the standard cop-out if people don't like the prequels they are just jaded or overly critical. That totally disregards that the prequels can or do have legitimate flaws or people can see it differently. I have several issues with the prequels which have nothing to do with me being jaded.

I will add, there are good things about the prequels. Ewan McGregor's Obi Wan was a highlight as well as Christopher Lee as Count Dooku. Plus, the prequels led the way to the excellent Clone Wars series which, in my opinion, corrects many of the flaws of the prequels.
                              I understand what you're saying, but honestly, the same things people are critical of in the prequels exist in the original trilogy as well, and in the same quantity. That's my point. When it comes to the OT, people seem to overlook them.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎