The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Davison confirms DW 50th anniversary involvement andsays other strange things..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Peter Davison confirms DW 50th anniversary involvement andsays other strange things..

Odd stuff:

• Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Davison said: "I'm making an appearance somewhere over that period of time but I can't reveal in what.
    He's involved in some ancillary 50th anniversary stuff, such as audio dramas, and he'll probably be in some documentaries about the show and stuff.

He said: "There will get to a point where people get a bit tired of Doctor Who. I don't know, maybe it will need a little rest. I'd love to see it carry on but you can never tell."
    People won't tire of the show as long as it has good writers and a good actor in the lead role.

_
    Last edited by Bruce Banner; Sep 16, '13, 7:26 AM.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Doctor Who already had a rest. It was called the 90s.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Personally, I find what they've done for the 50th Anniversary already quite "restful".
        You can hardly say it's been a Doctor Who Celebration all year long, right?
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Very true

It almost reminds me of being a Dr Who fan in America in the late 70's-early 80's and not knowing the 4th Doctor regenerated until late 1983 when PBS premiered The Five Doctors

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Hey, don't complain. You guys could get a "gift" like Lorne Michaels' Superman 50th Anniversary Special!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

I was expecting something special all year round. A 50th anniversary doesn't happen all that often, right...
              Is the Christmas Special the only thing left in 2013?
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• jds1911a1
                Alan Scott is the best GL
                • Aug 8, 2007

Bruce banner - I think Davison makes a fair and frankly obvious statement the show fell from popularity once and it will likely do so again (as another example see Star trek TOS ends, later cartoon, the films TNG - Voyager era then enterprise killed it now another 15 years later is the Micheael bay film series) But so long as one classic Dr lives the core fans will still want to see or hear them as the Doctor.

Gorn capt there will be a special epison on Nov 23rd for the actual 50th anniv of the airdate for An Unearthly Child
                Last edited by jds1911a1; Sep 17, '13, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

And soon we shall witness the amazing wig of Matt Smith!
                  (He cropped his hair for another role, so he wore a wig for the filming of the christmas special.)
                  Actually looks pretty convincing.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎