X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionicfanboy66
    Career Member
    • Jul 30, 2012

John Williams Returns To Star Wars Saga

It has been confirmed that John Williams will be composing the music for the SW sequel trilogy, although the contracts still require his signature. Was concerned that Disney would go a different direction with these films as far as the music goes.
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Who else could score these?
    Was there ever any doubt?
    Thanks Disney, feeling a bit more confident now. It shows respect for the original SW legacy...
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

JOHNNY! JOHNNY! JOHNNY!

It wouldn't be Star Wars without John Williams' score!!!
      JediJaida

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

More than any other participant, John Williams is a must for it to feel like Star Wars.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Glad they finally officially confirmed it.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Brief interview in which JW discusses returning to the SW universe for Episode VII:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

The backlash would be crazy if Williams wasn't utilized for Episode 7....and, it seems that Disney is doing absolutely everything to avoid backlash.

Can anyone really point out where Disney has squandered their opportunity to pay fan-service in aspects of this film's production? And, they probably woulda hired Lucas himself to write/direct... if they weren't so aware of his bad reputation as a Star Wars writer/director.

Heck... they have freakin LAWRENCE KASDAN on as script consultant for this film! Amazing Lucas didn't think of that for the prequels. Geesh.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎