X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaBillmann
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 16, 2011

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
    Yes, why not take the look of an older less threatening man?
    Remember, in the original concept, the Terminator looked like a normal man, not a massive mountain of flesh. I believe that in interviews, they had thought of using Lance Henriksen as the Terminator first. He then got recast as a cop.
    I never heard about Lance Henrickson, but, originally I heard Arnold was set to play Reece, and OJ Simpson was set to play the Terminator. But ironically, they figured nobody would buy OJ has a cold hearted killer. LOL. I can't remember where I read this, but the source seemed fairly reliable.

Comment

• DaBillmann
      Museum Patron
      • Jun 16, 2011

I'd suggest this.
      Why did the T-800 look like Arnie?
      Probably because he was modelled on a living being. I'd bring back Arnold, but as the "prototype human" the machines used as a template. Maybe even a scientist they captured, and who used his own image to shape the terminator's exterior flesh.
      So that way, they can explain why Arnie looks older.

arnie as a scientist? Yeah, people bought THAT in Batman and Robin. LOL.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by DaBillmann
        I never heard about Lance Henrickson, but, originally I heard Arnold was set to play Reece, and OJ Simpson was set to play the Terminator. But ironically, they figured nobody would buy OJ has a cold hearted killer. LOL. I can't remember where I read this, but the source seemed fairly reliable.
        Henriksen played the cop that was gunned down by Arnie in the precinct. He explained it in an interview, saying that he had auditioned with "tin foil" over his head to simulate a half human-half robot look.
        Lance, didn't people explain to you that wearing tin foil over your head will not help your credibility?
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

arnie as a scientist? Yeah, people bought THAT in Batman and Robin. LOL.
          Ok, ok, let's make him a captured rebel soldier then.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

This would be a better angle.The general/soldier/leader that trained John connor or rallied the humans together.
            Although salvation blew this theory out...LOL
            Make him the last human president....Ah-ha ya the last human president captured and copied.
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• DaBillmann
              Museum Patron
              • Jun 16, 2011

Yes, THAT woudl work for me. An aging resistance leader. I don't know WHY they would make the Terminator look like him, but that is definately the better idea.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Yes, THAT woudl work for me. An aging resistance leader. I don't know WHY they would make the Terminator look like him, but that is definately the better idea.
                Skynet would probably think "hey, this guy already moves, talks and acts like a machine, he's perfect for us!"

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎