• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Star wars animated series in 2014. Star Wars Rebels

Star Wars Rebels.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • jds1911a1
    Alan Scott is the best GL
    • Aug 8, 2007

I,ve waited 35 years and now I finally get to see the imperial period. the question is with it being on Disney xd will it even be half as good as the first few seasons of clone wars was

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jds1911a1
      the question is with it being on Disney xd will it even be half as good as the first few seasons of clone wars was
      I don't see why not. It's being developed by the same team.

I'm looking forward to seeing Ralph Mcquarrie's early SW designs on the screen.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Klosterheim
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 23, 2013

"After the conclusion of The Clone Wars, and the general restructuring of Lucasfilm under Disney, the future of Star Wars animation was in question. Until now! Star Wars.com has just revealed that a new series called Rebels will air beginning in 2014. Focusing on the years between Episode III and Episode IV, Rebels will (shockingly) deal with how the rebels got their groove on as the Empire was rising. Below is a video from Star Wars.com featuring some of the creators talking about the project."

I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! Love it!

Comment

• Boshek
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 26, 2011

Captain Antilles and Bail Organa please!
          Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by jds1911a1
            I,ve waited 35 years and now I finally get to see the imperial period. the question is with it being on Disney xd will it even be half as good as the first few seasons of clone wars was
            Why not? Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes aired on Disney XD.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
              I'm the Star Spangled Man
              • May 21, 2011

Awesome! This'll be cool.
              sigpic
              The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

The fact that they're drawing so much inspiration from the concept art of Ralph McQuarrie certainly has me excited about this.

The aborted live action series was going to be set in the same time period (Between Episodes III and IV)... so it's a safe bet to assume they're using a lot of the story material which was developed for that.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

>with it being on Disney xd will it even be half as good as the first few seasons of clone wars was

Disney's done some good, offbeat, exciting stuff with shows like Motorcity and the Tron:Renegade series, so the potential is there. Funny thing; I didn't care so much for the earlier Clone Wars episodes.... and especially not the 10 minute ones. I liked it better near the end, after they'd built up their own repitoire.... which is what I'd like to see from a new series. I really don't want to see the same old same old, and I suspect interesting things in the Star Wars galaxy happen to folks NOT names Skywalker too.

Don C.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I want lightsabers and sith lords. I don't want political intrigue, I want to see Jedi hunted-down. The Star Wars Unleashed guy would be great, but I know that won't happen. And some Boba Fett, yeah......

Comment

• VintageMike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2004

Was glad to read this. For those of who love the OT time period, we've gotten books and comics..and that's it. So finally something closer to OT time period will see televised form.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                        I'm the Star Spangled Man
                        • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                        I want lightsabers and sith lords. I don't want political intrigue, I want to see Jedi hunted-down. The Star Wars Unleashed guy would be great, but I know that won't happen. And some Boba Fett, yeah......
                        Last I read, there was a Force Unleashed 3 being planned. And yes, Boba needs to appear in this series, he just has to.
                        sigpic
                        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• toysrus
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 23, 2007

Do you think we will see Lando/ Han solo Falcon bet- or however Solo ended up with the Falcon?

Comment

• Klosterheim
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by toysrus
                            Do you think we will see Lando/ Han solo Falcon bet- or however Solo ended up with the Falcon?
                            That would rule. A fantastic moment!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
                              Last I read, there was a Force Unleashed 3 being planned. And yes, Boba needs to appear in this series, he just has to.
                              Maybe have a big jail break with him. If they still have him there,unless Disney ignores the Clone Wars cartoon.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎