• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Old Star Wars movie sets on Yahoo

Some cool pics:

New York-based visual artist and filmmaker Rä di Martino has taken a series of eerie and beautiful photos that capture scenes of abandoned Hollywood film sets. Martino spent over a year traveling throughout the desert towns of Morocco and Tunisia hunting down the old Star Wars sets. 'No More Stars' showcases the backdrop of Luke Skywalker’s home on the fictional desert planet Tatooine, its massive structures that now stand like ancient ruins forgotten by time and man.Rä di Martino's work can be seen atTate Modern. Check back daily for the countdown of our most popular galleries of the year! See the running list between now and the end of the year.Find more news related pictures in our photo galleries and follow us on Tumblr!
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

Yeah I just saw those. Thats like taking the ultimate road trip right there. It must be so surreal to be there in person. I wouldn't help but be able to run through some Luke line while I was there and stare wistfully into the sunset at the very least call out for Luke three times and then ask if any one has seen him. I understand the krayt dragon fossil is still in the desert too and you can walk right up to it too.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

There was also a campaign to save and restore the original sets in Tunisia, as their condition had deteriorated so much over the decades.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• mightyquinn
        Proud to be a Nerd
        • Aug 4, 2009

One would think these artifacts would be preserved for future generarations to see, instead of rotting in the desert.
        Wanted: Lincoln Dracula & Hunchback, AHI Male Creature, Remco Phantom, Ghost of Captain Kid, 8" Tomlands

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
          There was also a campaign to save and restore the original sets in Tunisia, as their condition had deteriorated so much over the decades.

http://www.markdermul.be/savelars/
          Yeah, that's Mark Dermul, Belgium's go-to guy for autographs. He has just about everyone's autograph (including some like "played a background stormtrooper in ESB"). He worked on a campaign to preserve the Lars Homestead, selling "genuine Tatooine sand". Ahum...
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎