X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Happy Birthday to George Lucas!

Today's the day to celebrate the man for all the positive things he has done for nerd culture. Like toy Lightsabers with lights and sound. Yay!! Damn, those are cool.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

And he also got engaged about a month or two ago, to Mellody Hobson.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

What do you get as a birthday gift for a guy who just got a cheque for 4 billion dollars?
      Socks?
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• acrovader
        Career Member
        • Jan 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, George! Without you, there would be no Star Wars or Indiana Jones.
        I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I wonder if the prenup will have the Star Wars logo stamped on it?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

George gets a lot of crap, but he has given us some great movies, and good times. Happy Birthday.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

I cant imagine where film (and pop culture) would be without him. Someone get a Wookie to give the guy a hug.

Comment

• Vinny0026
                Year Five!!
                • Jan 26, 2012

Just think no Lucas - no star wars - no indy
                no THX! No industrial light and sound, no skywalker sound!

we take for granted how much he did for movies - not just star wars
                a lot of the tech he developed is what makes most of these new movies so great

Happy B-day George! and thanks for everything!
                "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• acrovader
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 19, 2011

In fact, Star Wars helped shape the Box Office, for better or worse. Star Wars paved the way for the 'event film'. One way of looking at it, there wouldn't probably be all these summer movies like Avengers, Iron Man, Dark Knight, etc. etc. etc.
                  I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Also, no Pixar, as they started out as part of Lucasfilm.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Toy Lightsabers have come a long way since Kenner's first version. Which was pretty much a black flashlight with an inflatable vinyl balloon.

From 1978. First attempt by Kenner to recreate the famous Jedi weapon only as an inflatable. Unfortunately balloons not included...

I had this one which was kinda like a plastic wiffle ball bat that whistled when you swung it around.

Circa 1981, this Kenner Lightsaber is now one of this hardest Star Wars toys to find. Check out the rest from my virtual toybox! ^_^

The 1996 one was a huge improvement. (BTW: listen closely to the narrator)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                        I wonder if the prenup will have the Star Wars logo stamped on it?

Weesa so happy to get married!
                        Weesa bombad rich, too!

But they can say what they like, Star Wars changed my life for the better, and for that George, I thank you!
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          The 1996 one was a huge improvement. (BTW: listen closely to the narrator)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWsHwjSLYkU
                          No one picked up on that the voice over in the commercial was Mark Hamill? I thought that was kinda cool.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^Hey, that's pretty neat! I probably missed that back in 1996, even though I heard Hamill all the time on BTAS.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎