Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New look for Star Trek Gorn for VG, not movie...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SeattleEd
    SynthoRes Transmigrator
    • Oct 24, 2007

New look for Star Trek Gorn for VG, not movie...

Not sure if this goes in the video game section or Sci Fi section, or both.
    Here is a featurette that Namco released yesterday for the Star Trek video game that pertains to the remake of Gorns. Not sure if they will be present in next movie but you get the idea. They've introduced females Gorns as well and numerous other versions.
    Personally, I like the old one.

• Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Not really recognizable as the Gorns.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

^^Agreed. Just lizard people or the aliens from "V". BTW, congrats on your 8k post.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by SeattleEd
        BTW, congrats on your 8k post.
        Lol, thank you. I didn't even notice.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

They should have kept the original eyes.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I do like that there are different species of Gorn. A lot of Trek races have a "everybody looks the same" thing. We don't all look the same, why should they?
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

^Very true, Brian. But wish there were more nod to the classic like, the Eyes as Paul W pointed out. But as they state in the clip, it's a more updated modern look.

I like how the leader looks and is pretty bad arse.

Comment

• shellhead
                museum rustpot
                • Mar 1, 2007

They are to Gorns...what the American made Godzilla was to the real Godzilla. A poor imitation.
                Chris

Keepin' it Mego-ey !

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

If that's a Gorn, then I'm part of the Fantastic Four.
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

worst gorn EVER

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Horrendous. I love the Gorn design. I remember reading how it was inspired by crocs and Japanese or Chinese dragon paintings.

But this...this is crappy Spidey Lizard reject sketches.

Mego Ironic. Gorn design trumps most Lizard designs, but Lizard is the Mego basis for Gorn. And here it plays itself out again.

Comment

• ctc
                        Fear the monkeybat!
                        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

They're really generic looking. Not that the original was HUGELY original.... lizard guy.... but they stood out 'cos of the space togas and weird, insect eyes. I'd rather see them use something closer to the original 'cos nowadays it's quite different. The jack legged, Cloverfield headded, runs like a raptor, all lizards are chameleons thing is pretty standard.

One odd bit; it's interesting how the Gorn have been getting progressively more primitive as time goes by, considering in the episdoe their tech was equal to that of the Federation.

Don C.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 23, 2013

As they say in Expendables 2, you can't beat a classic.

I guess they branched of the Enterprise Gorn?

Maybe there are more than one species like the Xindi.

Now, what was really neat were the FASA Gorn battleships, starship combat simulator.

Comment

• ctc
                            Fear the monkeybat!
                            • Aug 16, 2001

>what was really neat were the FASA Gorn battleships, starship combat simulator

Kinda.... but that's an example of the weird depowering they got as time went by. The FASA Trek game is my go-to for secret-like Trek info: I had friends in the RPG industry back in the day, and since it was a small one you'd get a lot of info from different folks, and I heard how absolutely INSANELY obsessive Paramount, and Roddenberry were over that game. Roddenberry himself depowered them 'cos he wanted the Federation to have the most powerful overall technology. A treatsie on the benefit of co-operation.

Just prior to the Next Gen the Gorn were SUPPOSED to make something of a comeback into the overall story. The plan being that the encounter with the Federation had split their society into two factions (which I'm not sure about the names of.... it's been a while) the "Action" comitte that saw the Feds as a threat and wanted war, and the "Moderates" who wanted an alliance. There was SUPPOSED to be a Gorn source book/ship book for the game, but when Next Gen came out it got squelched 'cos Roddenberry wanted to de-emphasize the military side of Trek. After that there were rumblings about he Gorn, but nothing concrete. The closest were some ship designs for an appearance on DS9 that didn't happen.

It's too bad, 'cos I like the Gorn a lot.

Don C.

Comment

• MEMEGO
                              Career Member
                              • Sep 6, 2007

Is rebooted Spiderman in this Trek Video Game as well? Cause the new cast is fighting the Lizard

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎