X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

JNT Who era under fire from new book

The latest sci-fi news, reviews and features from the team at SFX Magazine. Subscribe here today.

SFX published a review of the new tell all book about the JNT era of who, seems that Turner and his partner were mining the fan base for sexual conquests. Certainly not a shocking occurrence in TV production but usually it's more predominantly a heterosexual thing.

I guess the toilet papers got a hold of this story (and the new BBC investigation, which is weird, cause both men are dead) and published a headline that says something like "BBC Gay Sex scandal on set of Doctor Who" right next to a big picture of Colin Baker. He's less than thrilled and considering legal action.

Some of the things coming out about Turner in this book really sound like it'll make an interesting read. I always found his tenure hit and miss but I'm pre ordering this right away.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

This doesn't surprise me. I'd heard similar rumours over the years, almost all of them being accounts from people who actually worked on the show, or who worked on related things like DWM.
    Many accounts say he was a totally different person when in the company of his partner, who supposedly was the "procurer".
    Last edited by Bruce Banner; Mar 26, '13, 10:00 AM.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MEMEGO
      Career Member
      • Sep 6, 2007

Interesting, i hope this books hits the U.S. market at the same time as the UK. Seems like an intersting read.
      Last edited by MEMEGO; Mar 26, '13, 9:19 AM.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
        ..............."BBC Gay Sex scandal on set of Doctor Who" right next to a big picture of Colin Baker.........
        Can't that poor guy ever get a break

Comment

• bobws
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 13, 2008

That's what i thought.
          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎